Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Commodore Multiple Electrical Issues

DexterVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe S2
Hi,

Looking for advice on multiple electrical issues with VS Equipe 2 wagon. I am wondering if some of these things are linked back to a single cable loom or some other point in any way?

At this stage the issues are:
1. Key less remote wont unlock drivers door (only drivers door) using physical lock works fine.
2. Front passenger electric window does not operate.
3. Hazard lights button, backlight, works intermittently.
4. when headlights are on, using the left and right indicators will cause the headlights to dip slightly.
5. Antenna up and down buttons do not work

Using a multi meter I seem to be getting voltage to the drivers door lock when I use the buttons on the door remote.

Using a multi meter i don't seem to get voltage to the passenger window, when pressing the up or down button.

I haven't done any fault finding on the Hazard button as i only just noticed it.

The dipping of the headlights, I'm not sure how to start looking because it only occurs for a split second when i flick the indicator leaver on and off.

have not looked into the Antenna, as its the lowest priority haha.

I have checked all fuses and relays. they are all good.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The indicator issue might have to do with the indicator stalk as the headlight wiring passes through the indicator stalk for Hi beam.

I think a lot of the other issues might be associated with the BCM (locking, windows, antenna etc).

Hopefully one of the other members who has the full VS electrical wiring diagrams can post up the relevant diagrams.

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Failure of driver's door actuator is pretty common after 25+ years. I presume if you are using a multimeter, that you have removed the door card. Have you checked all the connectors inside the door?

DexterVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe S2
Did all of the problems appear at the same time?
I bought the car second hand with the faults already, so i cannot be sure.

Failure of driver's door actuator is pretty common after 25+ years. I presume if you are using a multimeter, that you have removed the door card. Have you checked all the connectors inside the door?
Yep, using a multi meter to see voltage, and yes, checked all the connections