Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs common problems

crf454

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 vs statesman 5ltr
My VS 5ltr stalls is hard to start and seems to be fine when travelling along but stop and the lights and it will stall . I have had the coil pack , module , fuel pump , dizzy cap and rotor button replaced and still same problem , just had throttle body cleaned no better . What elsse can be wrong with this car ?

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
almost everything is new!! Try a fuel filter, IAC motor, spark plugs, and oxygen sensor. I'd be thinking either plugs/inlet air leak/exhaust leak before o2 sensor and/or faulty sensor.

marcuscarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute 5lt
vs 5l air con problem

hi there i have a problem with my 5l s1 vs ute air con.
the air con is very intemitent. works fine some times then other times it hardly is cold. i noticed it after driving around for a while so after it gets to running temp the compressor is spinning fine when switch is ingaged regased about 12 months ago and has always worked since. have noticed a bit of a burning rubber smell coming from it though, the air con not the tyres. but the belt doesn't seem to be melted at all any common problems that people know of. smell not necessary has anything to do with problem.
thanks guys

marcuscarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute 5lt
whoops clicked on the wrong button and posted this in the wrong place

tattboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v8 ex ambulance
vs leaking above accelerator pedal

Hi, my vs is leaking water above my accelerator pedal, onto my foot when its raining extremely heavy, not sure if windscreen leaking or it feels like its coming from behind the light switch or instrument cluster.. Any ideas,., thanx.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
broken rubber boots exposing the bearings on the steering arm thingos here , cant get too them because a bolt behind the breaks has siezed on one side.

dandren

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
Does anyone know anything about auto transmission in VR/VS V6 commodores? I am getting a code 12 82. The 1-2 shift solenoid. Bought one at Holden dealer for $165. Opened the tranny up, tried to unclip the plug on it and broke the plastic clip. I've been told that if you do break these plastic clips that you might get the problem again. Does anyone know if these solenoids can be cleaned or tested?

VR CRUZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 3.8, VR Berlina 3.8 VY Signature Senator
a/c not working
head lining sagging
front passager window goes down but not up, every other button works on the other windows
front left bearing hub-replaced
fuel gauge not working
cruz control not working

VS Calais

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Getting close to 20yrs old now!! lucky they are still on the road!

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
i dont know if this qualifys as from what i can tell the vs's all have the electronic climate control but in my vr the little vaccum contol valve that screws onto the drivers side of the heater box snapped off so even if you put it onto cool it wont as the water control tap wont close because theres no vaccum.dunno if it applies or not but i just thought id put it out there.