Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ecotec power mods and tune

danbran

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual ute & push bike,
i have just starting making my duel throttle body (yes i know it doesnt do much) but i got all the parts for $30 and i can make the rest for free so i thought i may as well!
But here is my question, if i put the MAF sensor in still will it run ok? i can imagine there would be some catch or something, but untill i get a decent tune will it run all smooth?
also what other power mods are recommended such as fuel pump, injectors, springs, exhaust, rockers, heads, cam, everything.
thanks

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Replied tour other thread but in relation to running with the twin throttle bodies into single pipe with the maf and factory tune I think it will run okay but idle will be erratic... Unless you run only 1 idle stepper motor even then not too sure... But what's the point of having 1 3" pipe into 2 67mm throttle body's? That's just a bottle neck I would've thought..? You'll just have to get a tune man maybe run a MAP sensor not sure your tuner will know

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Actually if your link between the 2 throttle body's has the primary throttle body open to idle amount and the secondary offset so it's closed at idle and plug the idle stepped motor port it might actually run fine...... Just an idea anyways someone will know more.....

danbran

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual ute & push bike,
Now thats a thought!
ive got a good idea using a middle rod with an outside piece that only engages when the primary throttle is about %20 open, but i have all the sensors worked out ill work it out somehow.