Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs esteem 25000ks on the clock at grays auction

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Not in Adelaide they aint.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Obviously things in Queensland are somewhat different to good ol' Adelaide.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hard to really know what they are now selling for in Tas as VS and earlier ute seldom come up for sale, at least in the north of the state and the ones you see on the roads are fairly poor examples on the most part, compared to mine anyway. Although in saying that there are a couple around that are far better than mine too but I'd say they are not original paint, unless they have been garage queens for the last 12-15 years.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Not worth the money for a V6 even with a dodgy speedo and after money spent on detailing it, its still a plastic bits car over 20 years old, but in saying that, if you paid 2K for it, would make a good base for a LS or 304 conversion and then we are talking $'s value for the car :)

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep and then another one would be F$@%ed up. This is what's happening to many 1970's original examples.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It's a darn nice car! Don't boganise it with a V8 swap.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Yep and then another one would be F$@%ed up. This is what's happening to many 1970's original examples.
I wouldn't say it's farqked up if done probably, just an improvement on the V6 slug, its still the same 1990's car worth keeping and enjoying, a big difference to the 1970's cars :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
It does seem like people are trying to use the Holden closure or the modern era of the interweb to put the prices up on these cars, well above their actual worth.

Unfortunately people trying this stunt on fall foul of the smarter older generation, that won't fall for these little games they play....

To keep the value in it, it is best to keep it original and not start throwing in a V8, just because you can, especially if the car is a clean lowish mileage car....If the whole car was run down, yep, by all means modify away....But this car doesn't fall into that category