Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs esteem 25000ks on the clock at grays auction

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I wouldn't say it's farqked up if done probably, just an improvement on the V6 slug, its still the same 1990's car worth keeping and enjoying, a big difference to the 1970's cars :)

Putting an 8 in it may be an improvement, but if the current V6 slug is still in good condition, why turf it?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not worth the money for a V6 even with a dodgy speedo and after money spent on detailing it, its still a plastic bits car over 20 years old, but in saying that, if you paid 2K for it, would make a good base for a LS or 304 conversion and then we are talking $'s value for the car :)

Having looked at some VS's for sale over the last 6 months, they have been close to the $2,000 mark.....Even plonking an 8 into it, you would still be throwing another $4K or $5 K just to tidy the body and interior up.....And that's being consertative with money into tiding it up.

Definately wouldn't be well spent money in anybodies language

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Also cars that were originally fitted with a 6 and swapped to an 8 aren't worth bugger all in the bigger scheme of things. It has to be a plated 8 to be worth higher money.

I don't think there would be too many VS's out there with 25,000K's on them out there. This one will have a higher value solely due to it's time capsule nature. Won't be at all surprised if some punk pays the big bucks and cuts holes in it everywhere thinking he's being really cool, only to work out he's f#@%ed it up. Does this sound like someone we know on this thread ?

BTW I can't see this car reaching it's unrealistic reserve as most bidders are just treading really lightly now and having a playful dabble hoping not to get caught with it. Honestly I think the reserve has been strategically put in the 9~9.5K zone and not at 10K as a few may have suggested.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Also cars that were originally fitted with a 6 and swapped to an 8 aren't worth bugger all in the bigger scheme of things. It has to be a plated 8 to be worth higher money.
Hmm plates on a car are only an indicator of options for that model whether factory or dealer fitted. The V8 option was always the dearest to the factory body with all the other supporting drive train features. Most V6 cars legally modified correctly to V8 factory option will always demand and generate a much better resale value. Hmmm I think the word replica seems to generate good money resale value @ just a lil example like the word “ blue meanie” comes to mind.
Won't be at all surprised if some punk pays the big bucks and cuts holes in it everywhere thinking he's being really cool, only to work out he's f#@%ed it up. Does this sound like someone we know on this thread ?
Hmm that’s a bit ruff ruff calling that known Tassie V6 member as a “punk” :eek: but then you’re entitled to your opinion of others and choose to use that outdated degrading word.

The reality is the car is just a generic mass produced car, not rare or special like a HSV and mileage can’t be verified so not worth the insurance V6 market value if written off, regardless of any apparent low or how many previous owners it had vehicle isn’t rare, it’s just a good old generic plastic survivor with 20 plus year wear. :)

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
BTW I can't see this car reaching it's unrealistic reserve as most bidders are just treading really lightly now and having a playful dabble hoping not to get caught with it. Honestly I think the reserve has been strategically put in the 9~9.5K zone and not at 10K as a few may have suggested.
The reserve can be anything, truck knows, its secret hidden bull sheet, the point is for the auctioneer to cause a frenzy due to holden closure to get the most exaggerated amount $$$ they can get from naive cashed up mindless idiots to buy it for their commission. Sounds like perhaps your many previous low bids were outbid by those mindless idiots willing to pay ridiculous amounts.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hmm plates on a car are only an indicator of options for that model whether factory or dealer fitted. The V8 option was always the dearest to the factory body with all the other supporting drive train features. Most V6 cars legally modified correctly to V8 factory option will always demand and generate a much better resale value. Hmmm I think the word replica seems to generate good money resale value @ just a lil example like the word “ blue meanie” comes to mind.

Hmm that’s a bit ruff ruff calling that known Tassie V6 member as a “punk” :eek: but then you’re entitled to your opinion of others and choose to use that outdated degrading word.

The reality is the car is just a generic mass produced car, not rare or special like a HSV and mileage can’t be verified so not worth the insurance V6 market value if written off, regardless of any apparent low or how many previous owners it had vehicle isn’t rare, it’s just a good old generic plastic survivor with 20 plus year wear. :)

A car that has been swapped from a V6 to a V8 doesn't necesssarily command more money that a factory fitted V8 car.....A survivor is more profitable than a car that you have to play with to get it upto big dollar pricing....Even then, you are more likely to outlay more getting the big bucks than what it is worth..

This replica stuff....hummm....Compare replica pricing to the real deal and see the price difference.....We won't get into the costings involved to make a replica....

The plates fitted to the car stipulate what the car was fitted with FROM THE FACTORY...Not what it could be optioned with from the factory....So the fact someone has spend some bucks converting from a 6 to an 8 doesn't mean you will get more in a resale....If anything, you are more likely to loose money in the long term

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi VC,

Please don't waste your time on this clown that's reappeared out of no where. He's just back to stir up trouble and that we don't want as we all know where that lead to last time with TLH and boy that sager took way to long to finalise.

As usual he pulled my comments to pieces and made up his own garbage calling Losh a Punk, which is rather insulting, but hey ! that's what we expect from this so and so and I aint going to get in to any argey bargey with him this time round.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Punk, hahahaha. I will just keep doing what I doing and have Vin on my ignore list.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi VC,

Please don't waste your time on this clown that's reappeared out of no where. He's just back to stir up trouble and that we don't want as we all know where that lead to last time with TLH and boy that sager took way to long to finalise.

As usual he pulled my comments to pieces and made up his own garbage calling Losh a Punk, which is rather insulting, but hey ! that's what we expect from this so and so and I aint going to get in to any argey bargey with him this time round.

Problem is, the pulling to bits he has tried, he has failed....But that's to be expected

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
just over 2 hours left and bidding hit $8.600 will there be a mad bidding war in the final minutes