Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Ute, cranks but won’t spark

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That’s some extensive work that’s been done.
I’d be inclined to make sure all the computers that need to match up, match up.

Or source a complete matching set with keyhead. (Might be handy to have one spare for the future).

Go back to basics again as mentioned, but the absolute basics is checking the cars system hasn’t been swapped around, so any following checks can be valid.

F’ckedVSute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute s3
Gidday everyone.
Need help, I’ve picked up a s3 vs Ute, it cranks but won’t spark. I knew it didn’t start when I got it. I’ve swapped all the usual parts out with another vs to check them:
crank angle sensor,
dfi/coil packs,
Plugs,
Leads,
Cam sensor,
Computer,
Bcm,
I’ve tested the wiring loom with a test light to check that the signal gets between cas, dfi and computer.
The fuel pump works,
I’ve done Injectors, and fuel filter is fine.
Battery is new.
So just wondering if anyone can think of anything i would appreciate any help I can get.
Cheers guys

*edit*
Had a couple hot days around 45 degrees and the Ute decided to spark for a bit, it would fire and run rough for a second then die again. I though it was just stale fuel stopping it then, but by the time I drained and replaced the fuel a few days later, the weather had cooled down and it has lost spark again, so that’s got me even more lost
FINAL UPDATE: Good news, the Ute is finally running, it turns out after all that ******* around, the crank angle sensor that I bought from the auto store turned out to be a dud, I pulled a second hand one out of another vs to put in, and it started straight away. So all is well, and the Ute goes hard.

F’ckedVSute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute s3
FINAL UPDATE: Good news, the Ute is finally running, it turns out after all that ******* around, the crank angle sensor that I bought from the auto store turned out to be a dud, I pulled a second hand one out of another vs to put in, and it started straight away. So all is well, and the Ute goes hard.
And thank you to everyone who gave me advice here along the way, I appreciate it.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Well done mate glad you got it sorted.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You need to change your username now.

vs-lover