Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 died

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
If the clamp screw head has a hex head you can try to undo it with a flexible drive.
I got mine from Sprint (or whatever they're called this week)
Branded Toledo it's actually called a 'clamp nut driver', the one I got is 600mm long, part #CND3.
Cost was $22 about 3 years ago.
Takes a bit of faffing around to get the socket onto the nut but once you've got it off you can put a new clamp onto the new piece of hose, and using a bit of wire inside the hose to keep it rigid, push onto the white fitting.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Some years ago I had this issue ( stuffed return line ) on my Maloo.
No access to little hands ( available ), also figured I've have this for some time .
I also spent a long time ( working life ) having to achieve = working in tiny spaces so I went Fxxk It !!!!
So I went extreme !!!
Pulled tank , filled with water and cut access hole , cleaned and made and riveted retaining ring ( captive nuts ) , gasket and cover.
NO ACCESS PROBLEMS NOW

bit extreme but def the way to go if i had the tools at my disposal and your qualifications

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
If the clamp screw head has a hex head you can try to undo it with a flexible drive.
I got mine from Sprint (or whatever they're called this week)
Branded Toledo it's actually called a 'clamp nut driver', the one I got is 600mm long, part #CND3.
Cost was $22 about 3 years ago.
Takes a bit of faffing around to get the socket onto the nut but once you've got it off you can put a new clamp onto the new piece of hose, and using a bit of wire inside the hose to keep it rigid, push onto the white fitting.

Think i will go Macgyver style with a coat hanger tomorrow see if i can pull the clamp off as it is all perished in that area, hope it will just come off and try to slip the new one on.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
If the hose remainder is perished you'll probably be able to get it off...

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
When putting the new one on,leave the clamp loose enough that the hose will slide over the barb.
You might have to hold the clamp in position with coat hanger while you do the clamp up.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
What a headache, yeah found the connection lol, 2/3rds around the back of swirl pot.
Got no idea how one would get a hose on or the clamp off it but will try tomorrow.

View attachment 265675
Maybe its come out of where its supposed to insert in the swirlpot? If so, it would just be sitting there?
Have you tried picking it up gently with a pair of long nose pliers?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
narr it's there just a bitch to get to, got the old clamp off, trying to get hose near atm but camera went flat.
made a good tool with heavy coat hanger wire, now using it to get hose back on.

Reactions: Lex