Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS v8 5 Litre Oil pressure issues Sump Removal?

Parko105evr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr 5lt sleeprr
If you're lucky you can undo the motor mounts, jack the motor up and jam blocks of wood in to hold it and you might be able to squeeze it out. Otherwise it's motor out or K frame off.

Dont waste ya time with k-Frame and engine out pal, jack the engine as high as possible until touching firewall why not more room the better!! Secure motor in this position!! Sway bar off start Un bolting ya sump!! 4hr job an knock laying on the floor

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Dont waste ya time with k-Frame and engine out pal, jack the engine as high as possible until touching firewall why not more room the better!! Secure motor in this position!! Sway bar off start Un bolting ya sump!! 4hr job an knock laying on the floor

I think the issue has been worked out in the 2 years since this thread was made.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute

I have the same issue wouldnt this bend anything major at the trans or something? i need to change my gasket but have not got 1200 for some mechanic to do it...

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Where would you even jack the egine up from?
And where would I see the distributor?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Commodore VT 5.0L, I assumed hr VS 5.0L and the VT one was the same

BottleFedVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0L & 80 Series Landcruiser
VT is the same for a 5.0Lt.
You will find the distributor between the back of the inlet manifold and the top of the bell housing.
follow one of the spark plug leads from the plug to the dizzy.
there is a picture of what your motor may look like in this link...http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-1993-1997/240385-my-5-0-looks-different.html
dose your motor look like 1. or 2.

1. Holden Commodore V8 304 5L VT VS Siii 215i Roller Engine T5 Manual Conversion in Turramurra, NSW | eBay

2. Holden Commodore VT VX VU VY WH WK V8 5 7LTR GEN3 LS1 Engine Motor | eBay

if it looks like 1. it has a distributor at the rear of the intake manifold. if it looks like 2. it does not have a distributor.

I hope that helps

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
VT is the same for a 5.0Lt.
You will find the distributor between the back of the inlet manifold and the top of the bell housing.
follow one of the spark plug leads from the plug to the dizzy.
there is a picture of what your motor may look like in this link...http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-1993-1997/240385-my-5-0-looks-different.html
dose your motor look like 1. or 2.

1. Holden Commodore V8 304 5L VT VS Siii 215i Roller Engine T5 Manual Conversion in Turramurra, NSW | eBay

2. Holden Commodore VT VX VU VY WH WK V8 5 7LTR GEN3 LS1 Engine Motor | eBay

if it looks like 1. it has a distributor at the rear of the intake manifold. if it looks like 2. it does not have a distributor.

I hope that helps

Yeah my 5L looks like number 1, I wish it looked like the LS1 5.7L ...

BottleFedVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0L & 80 Series Landcruiser
If you can get your hands on an engine crane, once it is at the right height use a pole or engine support to hold it at that height,
while you remove the crane to get access to the sump.
Before you lift up the engine I would remove the distributor to make sure I didn't bend it,
Taking note what position it was in and plug the dizzy hole with a clean rag.