Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT commodore v6

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
can mods change the title of this thread from this generic "VT commodore v6"
to something specific to the question.

We added a cruise to the VT, everything plugged in, I don't even remember having an issue like this.

El_Freddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
To test the instrument cluster bulbs, hold the "mode" and "^" keys on the trip computer panel.

This opens up all sorts of fun functions. Use the mode button to toggle through to the cluster bulbs test. It will squeal at you and all gauges will go to half. Check for the cruise and active lights. Our VT also had the LPG bulb so you might be able to shuffle a couple of bulbs around to get what you need, or grab two bulb holders from a parts car/cluster. I can't remember what T# bulb holder they are.

As for the clutch switch, my aftermarket cruise kit on my subi references the the brake switch via a momentary switch, once you push the clutch pedal the switch breaks the circuit that the cruise module monitors for a change in voltage. I'm sure the VT system would be the same or very similar. Can you find a VT wiring diagram to confirm?

Cheers

Bennie

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Also, make sure your brake lights are working otherwise the cruise control doesn't turn on.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Colin.J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore v6 eco tec
I have the cruise light but the active light didn’t turn on, if it is not turning on will I need a new stick

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have the cruise light but the active light didn’t turn on, if it is not turning on will I need a new stick

Has the stick been replaced before? If not id say there lies your problem. It's very common for them to fail.