Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT COOLANT PUDDLE ! When the Car is cooling - overnight - Anyone solve it ?

Thor Roht

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
^^^this .
How much water would be likely to pool on the floor from the air con? I just put a rubber mat on my garage floor under my car this morning then went for a drive, came home, parked up then had to shift the car a few hours later and I had a puddle sitting on the rubber mat about 10x20cm

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
How much water would be likely to pool on the floor from the air con? I just put a rubber mat on my garage floor under my car this morning then went for a drive, came home, parked up then had to shift the car a few hours later and I had a puddle sitting on the rubber mat about 10x20cm

The amount of condensate that pools under your car when stationary depends on the relative humidity of the air on any day. The water isn't from the car, its from the atmosphere. The humid air passes through the condenser before its blown through the dash vents. The warm humid ambient air passes through the cold condenser, causing the water to condense and drain into a tray at the base of the air conditioner, then exit the car through the transmission tunnel via a pipe. If the day is very humid, there will be a considerable amount of water draining out. The amount you are thinking of would be quite normal if the weather was very humid.

Thor Roht

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
@Calaber

That's alright then because I bought the car a few weeks ago from a reputable dealership and I'd hate for it to be anything to be concerned about.