Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT cut out like i turned it off

Nod2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon 5 speed manual
Okay i still haven't got the car running I've taken it to a shop & they tried to scan it even tried 3 different Scan device's but none of them connected with the car at all, I've got another BCM but i couldn't get the ECU to go with it
Talking to a guy to see if he can tech 2 it to link them together he said that i am wasting my time it won't be that but he doesn't know what it would be & can't look at it until middle of next week & probably needs it for 3 days at a $100 plus GST an hour wtf
Anyone got any ideas the battery is fine all fuses and relays cheeked good the car unlocks everything works except when u turn the key to start nothing just nothing at all

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
have a read of this , particularly the cluster diagnostics and report back the codes

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You didn't say whether or not your Check Powertrain light (MIL nee Engine Light) was on. Refer to the attached depending on whether the light is on or off.

Attachments

• CHART A V6 PCM - ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTIC SYSTEM CHECK.pdf
    449.9 KB · Views: 83
  • CHART A-1 V6 PCM - NO CHECK POWERTRAIN (MIL) LAMP.pdf
    562 KB · Views: 71
  • CHART A-2 V6 PCM - NO SERIAL DATA OR WILL NOT FLASH DTC 12.pdf
    560 KB · Views: 76

Nod2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon 5 speed manual
You didn't say whether or not your Check Powertrain light (MIL nee Engine Light) was on. Refer to the attached depending on whether the light is on or off.
Yes that check engine light is on

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
What have you checked so far?

Nod2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon 5 speed manual
What have you checked so far?
Well i cheeked all fuses and relays cheeked took it into a performance shop they tried to scan it and can't connect to the car at all even tried 3 different Scan device's but none of them connected with the car either
I've bought another BCM today with key but they didn't have ECU computer to go with it
Mine is a lux 814 BCM & the one i got today is a lux 314 but i went to see an auto electric & asked if he could Link the 314 to my car he reckons waste of time
But the car has never missed a beat ever before & i was sitting in it idling when it just turned off & everything works dash lights everything just has nothing when u turn to start nothing doesn't do anything

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Have you tried checking codes using the paper clip method?
Tried starting it with a different battery?

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
I'm with greenacc try a different battery first. Simple things, don't start swaptronics yet. How did you test the battery?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Well i cheeked all fuses and relays cheeked took it into a performance shop they tried to scan it and can't connect to the car at all even tried 3 different Scan device's but none of them connected with the car either
I've bought another BCM today with key but they didn't have ECU computer to go with it
Mine is a lux 814 BCM & the one i got today is a lux 314 but i went to see an auto electric & asked if he could Link the 314 to my car he reckons waste of time
But the car has never missed a beat ever before & i was sitting in it idling when it just turned off & everything works dash lights everything just has nothing when u turn to start nothing doesn't do anything
Have you checked the ignition switch, on the other end of the ignition.