Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt issue - can't get in the car :(

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Just checked - it was the solenoid that screwed up my door locks in my last VT.
Radio frequency interference is a possibility but if you haven’t done anything that may create that then you know, I wouldn’t worry about that...
Given the fact the problem keeps changing I’d consider the wiring. Changes in the power supplied to the doors could cause problems (especially with the solenoid which requires a jolt of power to operate) and repeatedly flexing worn out wiring running through the doors (by opening and closing them) could cause the problem to come and go. The wires through the little rubber cap thing in the doors are a good place to start looking. Whip out your multimeter and start probing.

El_Freddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Thanks guys for all your help. Issue hasn't risen again but reckon it's only a matter of time. I don't think it's a wiring issue.

I did notice that when the key fobs were being ignored the immobiliser flashing light would flash three times in quick succession. Normally it only flashes a single regular flash.

Now I don't know what this means but we're going to get new key fobs sorted since one doesn't have a battery (we hold one in if we need to use/try it to open the doors via remote) and the daily use one is still on the original battery!

After this if we have any issues we'll look further into it.

Thanks to all who shared ideas and helped out ;)

Cheers

Bennie

El_Freddo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Update:

About two weeks ago we FINALLY got new key fobs sorted at our local locksmith. It took him less than 5 minutes to sort two key fobs. They came with new Holden badged cases and solid buttons too.

So far not a single issue with the locking and unlocking of the car, we can do it from a distance and it locks/unlocks first time EVERY TIME! Who would've thought??

We've also been able to flip the alarm/siren function back on and it's worked a treat too, no random alarm wailing for no reason :D

Cheers

Bennie