Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT LS1 Stalling straight after ignition???

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
may seem like a stupid question,
but how do i unarm it? normally if its alarmed and you open the door wouldnt it go off?
i was never given a key to the immobilser, are they easy to remove?
The immobiliser and alarm are two different things in a commodore although if you have an aftermarket alarm it might have an immobiliser as well.
The factory immobiliser is disarmed when the ignition is turned on. If it fails to disarm it could be due to a faulty key reader (metal ring around barrel) or the metal knob on the key remote is not touching that metal ring ,or a flat battery in the key remote, or the immobiliser itsellf is stuffed, in which case you will need a replacement BCM and , as stated earlier, it will need to be linked to the ECU.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
may seem like a stupid question,
but how do i unarm it? normally if its alarmed and you open the door wouldnt it go off?
i was never given a key to the immobilser, are they easy to remove?

Try to post a pic (if u can) and the cable/wire arrangement behinde the unit.Im sure some1 here might / will b able to help u out.

VT5.7L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

The First one is my key the other two are are my immobiliser, however after you mentioning it could be my key, forgot two mention its dodgy as ****, the little pin thing wasnt making contact with the metal ring, so i pushed it forward so it made contact, the car started and continued to run, :yahoo: so its off to get a new key made up tommorrow.

Only thing now is when i start it up, the revs start up normally then build gradually by itself and doesnt stop til a few 1000 revs more then normal, are the throttlebodies interchangable aswell? or do i need to adjust the throttle cable? Should i just put the one from the vt back on it? if that is whats wrong with it? ideas?

Cheers for the help everyone

Last edited: