Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Commodore Electrical

Jowewe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Berlina 3.8 Supercharged V6
So I have a wrecked VT V6 acclaim with traction control

Will this abs module work in my VX supercharged v6 Berlina (that has traction control)?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
So I have a wrecked VT V6 acclaim with traction control

Will this abs module work in my VX supercharged v6 Berlina (that has traction control)?

the numbers on the electrical module need to match.

very good chance it won't match, but it might. You need to remove the module to see the bar code unfortunately, make sure you get a nice set of torx drivers. This is the label you are looking for and the 9 numbers on the bottom right (this one is from a V2 Monaro, so not relevant to you but you get an idea of the numbers you want to look at).

1643327045798.png

Jowewe

Reaction score
Members Ride
the numbers on the electrical module need to match.

very good chance it won't match, but it might. You need to remove the module to see the bar code unfortunately, make sure you get a nice set of torx drivers. This is the label you are looking for and the 9 numbers on the bottom right (this one is from a V2 Monaro, so not relevant to you but you get an idea of the numbers you want to look at).

View attachment 232756
Ok cool, I had a look at a YouTube video on a vx commodore abs module and he said and modules ending in 485 220 and 348 are interchangeable

Here's the video, it is right at the start

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Ok cool, I had a look at a YouTube video on a vx commodore abs module and he said and modules ending in 485 220 and 348 are interchangeable

Here's the video, it is right at the start
Use a mirror to check the number, before replacing.

I've heard the same about the 3 numbers being interchangeable.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes some are definitely interchangeable, on mine the 389 and 486 are interchangeable, i think even 590 works. (V8 so won't help you but yes you can have some interchangeability - but you have to be sure it works otherwise you are no better off).

Jowewe

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes some are definitely interchangeable, on mine the 389 and 486 are interchangeable, i think even 590 works.
Alrighty awesome, I'll just make sure that it is one of those 3 numbers and see if it works

Jowewe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Use a mirror to check the number, before replacing.

I've heard the same about the 3 numbers being interchangeable.
I'll see if I can find a mirror small enough

Reactions: Lex

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Alrighty awesome, I'll just make sure that it is one of those 3 numbers and see if it works

no, no no! those three are all for V8 so unlikely to work for you just an example of how some numbers will work in other vehicles.

The only way I found out this was even a thing is because I at the time had two cars (VXII clubby and V2 Monaro) I literally swapped from car to car so I had a known working 486 and installed it into a car that had a busted 389.

Jowewe

Reaction score
Members Ride
no, no no! those three are all for V8 so unlikely to work for you just an example of how some numbers will work in other vehicles.

The only way I found out this was even a thing is because I at the time had two cars (VXII clubby and V2 Monaro) I literally swapped from car to car so I had a known working 486 and installed it into a car that had a busted 389.
Yeah I meant 485 220 and 348, sorry for the confusion