Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX engine misfire / back fire

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Put ur original coils back on to check if ur mad coilpacks are ok

Rikls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss commodore
Hi guys might be a bit off topic but have just replaced valley gaskets in V6 vx Commodore replaced pcv valve an all gaskets on intake but now has a bad miss fire any ideas I also changed oil but don't think that wud have an affect on anything any help would be good used permaseal gasket kit Is it possible i didnt tap the pcv valve down far enough an now has a leak causing really bad miss it back fires a bit when starting an makes bad pinging cracking noise every now an again....i did forget to disconect batery when re fitting alternater an arced the power cable could that have fried something

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi guys might be a bit off topic but have just replaced valley gaskets in V6 vx Commodore replaced pcv valve an all gaskets on intake but now has a bad miss fire any ideas I also changed oil but don't think that wud have an affect on anything any help would be good used permaseal gasket kit Is it possible i didnt tap the pcv valve down far enough an now has a leak causing really bad miss it back fires a bit when starting an makes bad pinging cracking noise every now an again....i did forget to disconect batery when re fitting alternater an arced the power cable could that have fried something
Your concern seems to be about the pcv. When fitting did you use a oring? Did you fit the spring?
If the answer is yes, then probably ok.

Which valley gasket kit did you use?

Rikls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss commodore
Your concern seems to be about the pcv. When fitting did you use a oring? Did you fit the spring?
If the answer is yes, then probably ok.

Which valley gasket kit did you use?
Yep used oring off original pcv yep put spring in not sure if it was pushed down far enough an used permaseal gasket kit with the orange front an back seals when i first started the engine it poped an farted an blew off the hose runing from throtle body to back of engine i put it back on but still same makes a realy ugly pinging knock noise every now an then too maybey it is the gasket moved i did knock it an try line it up again when i was placing manifold back on hope its not that though also i did arc the alternator wire when putting that back on forgot to disconect batery hmm

Rikls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss commodore
All sorted guys thanks for help bit embarased to say but i had 2 and 3 spark plug leads around wrong way haha swapped them around good as gold

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
All sorted guys thanks for help bit embarased to say but i had 2 and 3 spark plug leads around wrong way haha swapped them around good as gold
Thought that maybe the case?

Good that its up & running.