Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx out of ideas

trekking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
The car started doing this 2.5 years ago and has got progressively worse. Yes you're right it's stalling at low revs as soon as you release the accelerator, sometimes most times the revs will drop right down quickly to about 200-300 and the computer must adequate for it and add gas as they blip back up, but sometimes it doesn't get to blip back up and stalls. This happens a lot more when it's hot as in hot weather. Or when parked up like at bunnings like the heat is trapped under the bonnet or something, I have no pressure sound when I take gas cap off to fill up I'm wondering if iit's charcoal canister related

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
definitely get your fuel trims checked at idle to rule out vacuum leaks and injector flow
and get maf reading and IAT
then look at replacing iac valve, i believe there are two types, so maybe you have the wrong one fitted
not a fan of parts cannon, but hard to diagnose without seeing it or you paying mechanics who so far have not been able to find problem

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
IAC sounds like it's struggling. But could be related to a vac leak as others have stated. But also check PCV for leaks/operation.

trekking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore
Found some info on this site regarding tps stating......

By monitoring the output voltage from the TP sensor, the PCM can determine fuel delivery based on throttle valve angle (driver demand). A broken or loose TP sensor can cause intermittent bursts of fuel from the injectors, and an unstable idle, because the PCM interprets the throttle is moving.

It says unstable idle. My idle is the best thing going for this car, idles really well only u stable once gas pedal Is pushed.

I took it for another test drive today to see any changes but same problem. Another thing to note that may trigger someone's memory or ability to know the problem is that when I'm cruising on freeway say and there's a sloping run downwards infront of me I'll notice the instant fuel gauge on dash drops to 0.0 for short time while I let go of the gas pedal then it'll quickly climb to sit around 2-3 ltrs per hour on the instant gas gauge.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Found some info on this site regarding tps stating......

By monitoring the output voltage from the TP sensor, the PCM can determine fuel delivery based on throttle valve angle (driver demand). A broken or loose TP sensor can cause intermittent bursts of fuel from the injectors, and an unstable idle, because the PCM interprets the throttle is moving.

It says unstable idle. My idle is the best thing going for this car, idles really well only u stable once gas pedal Is pushed.

I took it for another test drive today to see any changes but same problem. Another thing to note that may trigger someone's memory or ability to know the problem is that when I'm cruising on freeway say and there's a sloping run downwards infront of me I'll notice the instant fuel gauge on dash drops to 0.0 for short time while I let go of the gas pedal then it'll quickly climb to sit around 2-3 ltrs per hour on the instant gas gauge.
fuel cut when decelerating is normal