Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx srs airbag light

Madz15

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive VL Executive
Hi everyone, i just need help with something. My vx keeps throwing the airbag light and code on the scan tool 247, i think. I was just wondering what do I need to replace to fix it? Thank you

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
which scan tool are you using

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Here you are:

Attachments

• DTC 247 RIGHT HAND SIDE IMPACT AIR BAG CIRCUIT POWER STAGE ERROR.pdf
    319.6 KB · Views: 982

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
A good place to start is the steering wheel clockspring and the censor box under the CD holder.
After having a Kangaroo go down the side of the Acclaim our light was on for around 4 years and that was with several visits to Holden (insurance claim) and they could not correct so I gave up. After replacing both of these parts the light is no longer on.

Air bag Sensor.JPG
clockspring.JPG

Last edited:

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
More common to be the clock spring in my experience. However I have used a continuity meter on an apparent faulty one and could not find a break in the ribbon cable. Spun it around but remained constant. Yes was on the airbag not horn or radio controls.
Ended up finding out it was not the original cluster in the car. I reset it but kept comming back seconds later. Got the right cluster that fixed it.

Pull yours out and test it. Don't always assume 'the one from the wreckers' is in new condition. Played this game a few times.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I've had the same problem with around half of the commodores I've owned. See my pic? I actually had that printed as bumper stickers and I sell them on ebay to a legion of screaming fans. I've stuck one on every one of my cars regardless of their airbag light status. The VX Berlina I'm driving at the moment was roadworthied about a month ago and the clock spring was what fixed it too. Had to have the light reset at the mechanic though, it doesn't go off by itself.