Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Ticking and Creaking...

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
So i know this has been posted many times before but i still have no conclusion to these issues.

Engine ticks under acceleration, most obvious when about 1.5-2 Revs. Ticking increases/ decreases in speed consistently with how many Revs the engine is doing.

Had a service and new oil etc. Ticking stops when using certain fuel additives but its only ever a temporary fix.
Any ideas how to fix it or wether its specifically lifters, exhaust manifold (as i read somewhere) or something else?

Also, my front wheels creak! Mostly noticeable under hard slow steering (3-point turns and parking)
Nearly every damn bush in the front of the car is new, but I'm fairly confident it has only been doing it since i have lowered it. so is there maybe something that requires adjusting.

Help?

JoshR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 2
My engine ticks the same a lot of the time. Using 10w60 castrol edge in my last service made it a bit quieter - from everything I've read about the gen3 8 it's almost considered normal. I haven't had the car long but it's got fsh and checked out fine.

My steering also seems to do the same. Creaks, sometimes sounds like a knock when reversing into garage etc, haven't had it looked at yet.

XBT15L

Reaction score
Members Ride
5L Calais
Ticking, either your oils to thin or the lifters are need replacing,most likely the oils to thin. Creaking? Maybe the springs weren't put in properly, did your springs have rubbers above them when you put them in? Not to sure if the bottoms got rubber.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Used all the same bits wen the springs went in. Springs are all that i replaced. Might just get the local garage to have a peep. They are pretty good with spotting issues (since iv had that many) lol

petern64

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6lt , 2017 Mustang GT , 2021 BT50 SP
I recently replaced the front struts/top mounts and front castor rod bushes , still had a lot of creaking noise from front end . it ended up being the lower control arm bushes , after changing them all is quiet as a mouse!