Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX v6 n/a ecotec tick - I need help lads!

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
This one is for Lost i mean Losh, His a oil that's being tested for 20,000 miles that's more than I stated, watch how technology and engineering come along way since 1971.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That's depends on the oil you fill it with, full synthetic can get you more mileage these days, you can probably get up to 15,000km between services, they just say to change it sooner, it all so depends on your driving as well a lot of stop starts will shorten the life of oil.

You obviously haven't done sufficient googling, even within this site, to make a comment like this, when it comes to the VEV6 (and possibly the VFV6)....

So to help you along, most owners of these cars change it at 7,500, because the oil sludges up and causes it to block the oil pick up....Doesn't matter what type either...From that you should know the end result.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes really but you no nothing about cars your mechanic does all the work, you just a copy cat want a be to make yourself look special.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.....

In other words, you're only a google person, not actually a hands on person in this area....It shows with your posts

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Actually losh your post is very judgemental on Trevorlovesholden ..

Losh the factory service intervals for oil changes are really just a recommendation by manufacturers to prevent many claims on warranty CONSUMER LAW. They are mandated recommendations if you want warranty/insurance of your new car incase of breakage. Used cars/no long warranty, it’s up to people to do what they want and suffer the consequences if any.

Service intervals recommendations is really an ultimatum by companies.

The reality is today most oil companies with technology produce better oils which can go much much further than 10,000km depending how car is driven/abused and whether is work/commercial or private use.

In the instances of the VEV6's and possibly the VF ones, yes it is recommended oil changes at 10,000K, but there have been numerous cases where the oil sludges up around that k figure, blocking the oil pump up. So the owners quite often change them at 7,500K to help prevent it. And it doesn't matter what type of oil is used with these engines

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
actually no offence to you bud...
But thats what we were doing by being into the topic thread before you came in the conversation late in your first post and started the offshoot INCORRECT oil pressure debate by attacking trevorlovesholdens and then others.

So for the sake of sanity..... let it go....

Not your bud and isn't it allowed to dismiss your claims?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You obviously haven't done sufficient googling, even within this site, to make a comment like this, when it comes to the VEV6 (and possibly the VFV6)....

So to help you along, most owners of these cars change it at 7,500, because the oil sludges up and causes it to block the oil pick up....Doesn't matter what type either...From that you should know the end result.
Then you should fix the issue and let the engine breath because plenty of people has addressed this issue as its a known fact the drivers side cover is why the build up of burnt oil. If you read you would find out and add a bigger breather to the cover to prevent it from building up with sludge. How many ve have you changed oil in? Oh that's right your a suspension guy.. By the way full synthetic oil last longer its been proven stop putting mineral base oil in and spend more money on a better oil engineered and tested like the 20,000 mile mobile 1 oil.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.....

In other words, you're only a google person, not actually a hands on person in this area....It shows with your posts
What ever, I might use google to back my knowledge some times as I want to give the correct information but at less I know that by testing your compressing wont tell you oil pressure, that was the biggest laugh ever and shows you should stick with suspension, only reason a wet test is formed is if the cylinder isn't within specs don't need google for that maybe you should so you don't give people the wrong information.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes really but you no nothing about cars your mechanic does all the work, you just a copy cat want a be to make yourself look special.
Right'O
802f59d1e15a4498f25856e631509143.jpeg

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Oh dear......Won't go any further
Lol how about highlight the whole thing instead of pointing out the 4 steps what a wet compression test does, like I said you should stick with what you know and leave it at that. Trying to use my words to make yourself look correct is a joke, your whole point of compression test tells you your oil pressure is busted. No use trying to come back from that. Give up and move onto something you know about.