Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX v6 n/a ecotec tick - I need help lads!

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Not your bud and isn't it allowed to dismiss your claims?

Hey VC, bud is just a generic term like mate, it doesn’t mean we’re best friends as your implying not .... And we all like people dismissing claims, when they valid not INCORRECT like the 1 you were peddling...

We learnt in the first week at trade school/tafe that an engine through the bore/head chamber is just a big AIR PUMP like a compressor motor .... not a OIL PUMP

Basic mechanics 101 and we would have failed term 1 if we believed we could measure or get oil pressure reading inside cylinder chambers.

Engine has 4 separate measurable pressure systems, air, water, oil, fuel (plus electrical) with their own pump delivery and measuring sites. Crankcase pressure is oil heat transfer from hot oil exiting from internal engine oil pressure passages into collection sump NOT a measure of true oil pump measure of system.

Do some reading/research @ books/internet and you will understand with your mechanical ability.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
What ever, I might use google to back my knowledge some times as I want to give the correct information but at less I know that by testing your compressing wont tell you oil pressure, that was the biggest laugh ever and shows you should stick with suspension, only reason a wet test is formed is if the cylinder isn't within specs don't need google for that maybe you should so you don't give people the wrong information.

Maybe you should have googled in this site, before mentioning Losh knows nothing about cars....I'll admit it's not a car, but still involves mechanical ability

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/loshs-1976-yamaha-rd-400.271183/#post-2967824

As for suspension stuff....Damn shame you still dismissed last time I mentioned about suspension stuff, as being a load of baloney....I put it down to, you couldn't find squat on google about it, so that was your response

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Lol how about highlight the whole thing instead of pointing out the 4 steps what a wet compression test does, like I said you should stick with what you know and leave it at that. Trying to use my words to make yourself look correct is a joke, your whole point of compression test tells you your oil pressure is busted. No use trying to come back from that. Give up and move onto something you know about.

And I deliberately left the one bit, you said to show you exactly where you stuffed up..

Enough said....Best we leave this alone and concentrate the actual problem the OP is facing

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Then you should fix the issue and let the engine breath because plenty of people has addressed this issue as its a known fact the drivers side cover is why the build up of burnt oil. If you read you would find out and add a bigger breather to the cover to prevent it from building up with sludge. How many ve have you changed oil in? Oh that's right your a suspension guy.. By the way full synthetic oil last longer its been proven stop putting mineral base oil in and spend more money on a better oil engineered and tested like the 20,000 mile mobile 1 oil.

I have learnt something new....The oil pick up on these engines is in the drivers side oil cover o_O

Don't need to change oil on a particular car to know the issues they face.

Finally nice advertising for a particular brand of oil....Unfortunately I prefer Valvoline....John Laws recommends it, so I'll stick with it

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ok Fossil your the expert I get a mechanic to test my oil pressure from my cylinders. ;) Oil pressure starts from the oil pump flow and pressure is built up from around all your bearings ports and journals other outlets, as they wear out and get more clearance the oil pressure gets less. For example Just like a garden hose if water just flows without any strictions then there no pressure build up but put your finger over the hose outlet more pressure and further it will spray, it only takes one worn bearing in the crank shaft to loose pressure meaning to much oil out that worn bearing which will starve the other engine parts as they wont get the oil pressure it needs due to more flow from that worn bearing. I still don't no how testing my cylinders will tell me my oil pressure but your the expert so I test my compression to find out my oil flow is ok.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I have learnt something new....The oil pick up on these engines is in the drivers side oil cover
Its news to me I thought they just had a pvc which is so small around 2mm which has no ventilation bar a little port from the back of the cover, crank case with no ventilation causes gunk build up its a known flaw let it breath by putting a breather in the cover for cleaner crank case on both sides and not just one side.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Its news to me I thought they just had a pvc which is so small around 2mm which has no ventilation bar a little port from the back of the cover, crank case with no ventilation causes gunk build up its a known flaw let it breath by putting a breather in the cover for cleaner crank case on both sides and not just one side.

Obviously can't read your own posts.....Time to move on