Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXII Acclaim Immobiliser Security Problem

atorrens

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
Hi All,

This afternoon I went to unlock my VXII remotely and noticed the remote didn't work. Thinking the battery had just died I unlocked the car manually with the key in the door and the stock alarm started going off with the car beeping. I tried the remote key again to unlock and lock it and it didn't do anything so i locked the car manually and it still kept beeping for a good minute or so then eventually stopped.

So now the remote unlock/lock still isn't working and everytime i go to unlock it manually it just beeps at me. I haven't tried putting the key in the ignition and starting the car as i'm scared the immobiliser will kick in and stop the car.

Do I need to get a new set of keys coded from Holden or is there another fix for this? Also will i be alright to just take the keys to holden or does the car need to be there also for re-coding?

Please Help!!

1LoudVt

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Vy Series 2 Berlina
Your remote battery is probaly dead and yes your can start your car with no problems i do it every now and again with mine.You could take the key to holdenbut they may need your vin or a code on a card that sits with your log book.

kazalex

karen
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2,s pack
have you tried the remote again ? when it was 43 degrees here in adelaide my remote didnt unlock the car and then the next day it did,sometimes other things interfere with the sensor.