Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy gen3 tapping noise

DazzaVTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute
Mine has the same thing. Right hand side of engine constant tapping, gets louder and faster as revs go up. I have an early 04 model. It is still under used car warranty and have taken it back to the Holden dealer, they fixed it and it came back. I also have a power lag when it is cold, feels like it is missing, then you get over 3k and it boots off.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
dont worry, i have the same noise as well. im not sure how to get rid of it.

evhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv8
Mate mine is doing the same dont bother with the lifters you have to pull the head off pretty expensive job......probably going to have a look at oil pump pick up........ps i have tried all different oil grades and have done lifters but hasnt fixed anything

VY calais Gen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY calais 5.7
I did lifters on mine and while i did that put a new cam in as well and still has the same ticking noise im thinking maybe the oil galleries might be blocked or the oil pick up is no good so my next step is to get the oil pressure checked and see if it's starving for oil when the ticking happens.

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
It's not one or both of the exhaust manifold gaskets??