Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY LS1 Weird problems

4dkikr

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 CALAIS V8
Replaced the radiator and washed out engine bay, The next day after driving the car around for a bit the Engine Check light came on and the car suffered from loss of power surging and misfiring and the car could not go faster than 140km/h.
I have replaced the spark plugs and ignition leads - this fixed the miss that had developed.
After this the car still had a massive loss in power and would surge under heavy acceleration.
I then got the codes checked on the computer and it turned out to be the Knock sensor. the code was then cleared.

The following day the engine check light came on as I was driving down the road, after driving for about 10-minutes the transmission stopped changing up gears and would only have 1st and 2nd and randomly change into 3rd then the Traction control turned off and i had all gears for about 30 seconds, so I drove it home on the way the car developed high idle around 2000rmp and would slowly rev more.

So umm help?

I have a 2004 VY2 CALAIS AUTO 5.7V8 full exhaust with headers.
maf less Tune.

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Sounds like it's gone into limp mode.

Sounds like the MAP sensor has either gotten wet, so remove electrical connector and blow out with compressed air OR try and get a hold of a MAP unit that is known to be in good working condition and swap them over to see if that is the problem.

4dkikr

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 CALAIS V8
ok Yep i will look into that, Its strange that all this is happening at once

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
Read the codes again, engine light will have logged an error code. If you're paying for this service, buy cable $15 on ebay.

As above, I suspect wetness. Compressed air to dry everything good. Otherwise knock sensor might need replacing. Water might dry itself eventually, but driving something that sick I wouldn't recommend.