Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy maloo oil pressure guage saying below 1

braundog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden ute
Hi all , as title says, my oil pressure guage is reading below 1 even when accelerating , I was
Running 5-50 oil but changed to 10-50 penrite thinking the oil might have been too thin, didn't fix the prob. When I first started after oil change the needle moved up when I put foot down then stopped? Any info would be appriciated. Cheers

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
might have got something blocking the sender after the oil change, if u have a look at the sender above the oil filter if u take the wire off then turn the key on it should read full scale, then if u put the wire to earth it should read zero pressure i fit does that means the gauge is ok, might have a sender issue take it off and have a look see if anything is blocking the hole if not then try on car again and see if its working, if its not get a multimeter and put in on ohms and one side to earth and other to the terminal on the sender ( should have about 10 ohms ) then start the engine and the reading should go higher in ohms maby to 80-100 odd ohms which is normal if it stays around the 10 or not much higher then the sender will be the issue, or on the odd chance the sender is fine but u have lost oil pressure so worth trying a mechanical gauge also to make sure the pressure is fine...

braundog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden ute
Cheers for ya help bro, all sorted, gave the plug a clean and working:)