Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Steering wheel controls for Stereo

RichardW

Reaction score
Nice what model did you get? I put in the DEH5750. Very happy with it.

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Wow you know I had to actually go and dig up my manuals to get the model number for you Rich, I too got the AVH-P5750 but I also got the VDP system. I just finished taking some photos will resize them and post into the my rides section so keep an eye out.

RichardW

Reaction score
Nice one. I should stop being so slack and take a couple of pics of mine and post them too. Been meaning to for a while

Look forward to seeing your pics

S

Stewy

Just thought I would get on here and give Phreddy's work a good wrap after successfully getting RCA's outta my Blaupunkt head deck. Well worth the $100 and the trip down from Newcastle!

Nice work Phreddy. Guys Phreddy has put a whole lot of time into R&D for this modification, to make sure the whole operation goes like clockwork. And indeed it does. Tidy as job, looks like it is standard. And the sound, you wont pick the difference between a high-class Pioneer deck and the Blaupunkt with the mod and I still have steering wheel controls!

P.S.: For those of you with the VDO SatNav in the VY. The screen is fastened in using 4 clips. It will just pop out however it does require a lot of encouragement!

JOY TO HOLDEN FOR MAKING THERE CAR SUCH A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH! :bang:

RichardW

Reaction score
Good stuff Phreddy, Wish I had got in contact with you before I brought my Pioneer rather than afterwards.

S

Stewy

Yeah I hear yu Richard! I almost did tha same!

In addition to my previous message.
I'm running:
-2 Audiobahn 10" Subs in parallel (bridged off 2 channels at 2 Ohm)
-One Boss 800W 4 channel amp (running stock front speakers off remaining 2 channels of amp).

I also have a Californian Gold 600W 4 channel amp which will be going in soon.

I plan to use the 800W to run the Subs and the 600W in bridge to run the Front Splits (soon to be Pioneer TS-C160R). The rears can stay on the Deck Amp.

The VY does have a little noise in the electricals so a Power Line Filter is a must! Mind you its not alot of noise so a cap alone should fix it!

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Wow, thanks a bunch for that Stewy!! I'm really pleased you're happy with it.

I'm very hesitant to make comparisons to name brands, but it is remarkable how good it sounds for a "stocker". And the biggest plus is that the integration with everything else remains - the cluster display, buttons, etc.

Thanks again Mate - it was a pleasure. :thumbsup:

Cheerz!

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
Im getting the ir modual installed tomorrow, $225 from tonkins, ill let you know how it goes!

S

Stewy

Cameron,
Did u get the stinger? How did it go? What deck did you use? Is there any delay?