Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Steering wheel controls for Stereo

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
not sure what brand it was actually, and because im in the passenger seat all the time at the mo(no liscence) i havent actually had to use them, so i cant tell you if there is a delay. i've got a deh p9650mp, and JL audio 6" splits in a ute, now my system cranks. yay for me..

RichardW

Reaction score
Mine too a ever so slight delay. But it doesnt bother me.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey Richard, Cam...

Good to hear fellas - I've heard mixed reports via the grapevine, but it's good to get the word from a couple of guys who actually have them!

Cheerz.

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
now youve got me curios, im gonna check next time im in the car, if there was a delay, it's not like it would matter, unless barbara Striesand was on the radio then maybe youd wanna change it quickly.

S

Stewy

Yeah thats true. But I would question what your doing listening to a radio station that plays that type of music.

r0nniem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
RichardW said:
Hey Kev,

Nice one. I have found out a bit more on this too. There is a company called Stinger that imports a converter. They have different ones that will fit, Pioneer, JVC, Alpine etc. Costs around $200, the Alpine ones connect up easy but for other you need to run it by infra red. Got in contact with a guy from Stinger and he said JB HiFi sell them. Called a "CAT 08"

Let me know how your mate goes thought, I am interested in that.

Rich

Hiya,

Autobarn and Stinger are distubutors for THE CAT, but I think it's important to let you know it's an Australian owned, designed and manufactured product. Designed by a fellow Holden admirer :yeah:

Thanks
Ronnie

r0nniem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
camvyss said:
Mine has a small delay as it converts it to IR then sends it to the head unit. Not bad enough to make it useless but still noticable.
You mentioned before you couldn't get the CAT08 working with your Pioneer AVH-P5750 because the remote has new frequencies. Did you end up getting it working or did you purchase the PAC? PAC is known for it's delay. Can you please let me know what the remote's part number is?

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
As far as I'm aware I don't have any PAC things, didn't get charged for anything else so couldn't really say for sure.

Part number? For the Pioneer remote? It's just the standard one that came with the headunit. If I remember after work I'll write it down.

r0nniem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais
camvyss said:
As far as I'm aware I don't have any PAC things, didn't get charged for anything else so couldn't really say for sure.

Part number? For the Pioneer remote? It's just the standard one that came with the headunit. If I remember after work I'll write it down.

So what product did you use to you get your steering wheel buttons working?

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
The CAT, but the Autobarn store contacted someone in Melbourne who either represented Stinger/CAT or it could have been the guys who make the CAT themselves and got one made to suit my H/U.

I really couldn't tell you because as stated I didn't do it. But I do know I have a receipt here for a CAT doodad. Other than that I have no idea sorry.