Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY SV8

Jonrambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
Hey guys, new to this forum. guessing most of my questions have already been answered but...
Just bought a mint SV8 with 150k on the clock. Looks brand new. Very happy with her. Its my first 8! :)
So I am not a big fan of badges... Pulled them all off except the front grille badge and the boot badge. Sprayed the front one black and that will do for now. Wouldn't mind a HDT front grille but TOO BLOODY EXPENSIVE! Got a double din gps/bluetooth unit coming in the mail. Was $175 :) Going to try hook it up to the steering wheel controls and if it works I will post pics of how I did it. Should do because the new unit is compatible with resistance based SWC.
Questions:
I need to ditch the wing but keep the 3rd brake light. Only option I have come up with so far is a bobtail wing. If I get a VY bobtail wing off a senator will it fit on my boot? Will I have to drill new holes etc?
Would put a brake light up near the parcel shelf like normal VY but the spot on the rear window is blacked out :(

Whats the biggest wheels I can put on her without scrubbing? Its got standard commy suspension as far as I am aware, not set up like an SS. Apparently these things are a poor mans SS. SS running gear on standard executive body. She gets up and goes tho :) Last quick car I had was turbo. Love not having to wait for the power!! :) Even the wife is enjoying it.

Cheers guys. Im sure I'll have plenty more questions before I am done. Looks pretty pathetic on the stock 17's :(

On a side note does anybody want to buy some classy SV8 17 inch rims with chev logos on em? :)

Jonrambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8
1489196381321-1460711871.jpg