Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ abs

Martinivz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz acclaim
Hey guys I’m having to replace the abs pump in my vz v6 my question is will any vz v6 abs pump work or will I have to match up the numbers on the pump itself?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
As far as @OldSkoolGP has found, 04/05 should work and 06/07 should work depending on where yours falls. What differs is ute v sedan v etc.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Should be. Also need to make sure it has the correct number of channels on it as yours does. (The pipes coming off it)

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok cheers mate, so as long as it’s from an 04/05 model it should be sweet? as mines an 05
As long as you also get the correct body type as well as I mentioned in the previous post. Not just the year.

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
What was the problem with the ABS unit?

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
As far as @OldSkoolGP has found, 04/05 should work and 06/07 should work depending on where yours falls. What differs is ute v sedan v etc.
I have discovered new information about the VZ ABS modules. 2005 and Pre-February 2006 Pontiac GTOs came with a Bosch ABS module with software idenifier 0202. These modules can only be reprogrammed to select transmission despite other choices being available on the Tech2. Post-February 2006 GTOs came with an ABS module with software identifier 0203. These modules can be reprogrammed to select LS2, L76/L98, or LY7 engine so long as they are paired with the correct transmission. You also have to select a chassis that the engine/transmission combination and ABS module came in.

For example, you can't select L98/4L65 in a Crew Cab body on a Commodore ABS module because the Crewmans came with a different ABS module. You have to select 4 Door SWB Sedan.

I discovered a couple days ago that the VZ Calais came with a different ABS module that supports ESP. The control board looks the same from the outside but the valve body has two extra valves and an additional 4 pin connector that touches the control board. It's the same layout as the VE Commodore module, but has software that was exclusive to the late VZ platform. If someone could figure out how to extract that software and load it into a VE ABS module, it would unlock a lot of potential for the VZ platform.

Last edited:

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
@TazzI I've been taking to a guy that has a VZ Calais ABS Control Module from a V6 model. He says they did make the VZ Calais with ESP and a Gen IV V8, but it is rare.

But since it does exist, does Envyous have the ability to install the later software Gen IV V8 on an ABS control module if necessary?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
@TazzI I've been taking to a guy that has a VZ Calais ABS Control Module from a V6 model. He says they did make the VZ Calais with ESP and a Gen IV V8, but it is rare.

But since it does exist, does Envyous have the ability to install the later software Gen IV V8 on an ABS control module if necessary?
This should just be a configuration edit, so should be able to make the edit! I don't have one on the bench right now to checkout, but will be moving towards VZ stuff soon since almost finished up with the VE/VFs.