Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Acclaim 500RPM Idle

Liam96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
I cant find any either proberly should familiarise yourself with what the maf and throttle body look like on your car and where there located and figure it out from there cleaning the maf is easy if you look inside it there are filaments in the middle you pretty much spray everywhere inside especialy those filaments ...and the throttle body once you pull off all the intake piping going to the air box and exposed the throttle body you pull the throttle cable so the butterfly plate open inside and then you spray all around and inside with throttle body cleaner ...maf is usualy in the middle of the intake piping between airbox and throttle body by the way so it be something you do whhile doing your throttle body
Thank you for this, this helps. Do I need to disconnect battery for anything or am I free to un plug stuff as long as I put it back in lol

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I did a throttle body tear down thread. Not sure if it included removing the throttle body.

@Mufudzi Gambizi (Hope I got ya last name right dude) has a few good VE vids on YouTube that show the same engine. The throttle body removal will be part of one or two.

It’s held on with 4x 10mm bolts.
The wiring needs to be removed first.
There’s a clip that slides out then the plug can be released.

Clean the bit the air goes through with throttle body cleaner. Wear gloves. Don’t open the butterfly with your fingers. Leave it as it is.
Use an old toothbrush to loosen any gunk.

I use Suburu top end cleaner in the intake. I get it from Suburu. It’s a foam. I fill the intake behind the throttle body with it and let it sit. It will clean off some of the varnish and schmutz that forms in there. The car will chug heaps on start up and come good. Might be a heap of smoke and it clears.

New air filter and MAF clean has been mentioned.