Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Aircondition

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
Do you guys with the stinky air con use it all the time? My aircon is permanently on and never smells... and that was the case in the SV6 and now the SS is fine too, whereas my girlfriend's Astra Classic - she doesn't use the air con all the time and it smells as bad as my socks (and that's bloody bad!).

V

VX_KN079

You should use your a/c at least once every trip so the seals don't dry out and you don't end up with stale air anywhere in the system ot the ducts.

I do anyhow and like has already been said, turn the a/c off just before you get where you're going to stop the bad smell and never start with the a/c in r/c mode. Always start and end in fresh air mode with the a/c off.

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Old thread - again. I have a leaking Schrader valve on the low pressure fitting. Question: is it the same as a tyre valve core?

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
In other words - not interchangeable?

I posted this question in the Wiring topic but probly belongs here: Thanks for the clear pic (of wiring diagram). System has gas 110psi static pressure. AC light on dash comes on Ok but compressor does not engage. Was working well until very recently. Any thoughts? TIA.

Last edited:

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
In other words - not interchangeable?
You can change them but you will need to do it with a service, they change them both over with a service, low pressure so therefore it wont engage to protect the compressor, so get a service is your only option they can vacuum out the old and refill it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (32).png
    Screenshot (32).png
    242.6 KB · Views: 131

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Thanks Trev. Are you saying that 110psi static pressure (cool day) is too low to activate the system? I checked the static pressure 2 days, earlier a short while after the car had been parked. It was a hot day 38degrees. It showed 320psi and did not engage the compressor. I suspect it's an electrical issue of some sort. There's the pressure switch on the pipe behind the L headlight with 3 wires - 1 goes to the ECU, 1 to power supply and 1 to the MAM on the air intake tube.

Any suggestions?

(The low side connector Schrader valve had never been touched previously and showed a very slight leak after removing the coupling but sealed up ok after a minute or 2.)

Last edited:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
May be the compressor clutch is not activating. Faulty clutch.
Mine krapped itself a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Thanks for the tip. I'll investigate.

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Question: Even if it's a faulty comp clutch, the radiator fan should still come on shouldn't it? It ain't.