Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Aircondition

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Question: Even if it's a faulty comp clutch, the radiator fan should still come on shouldn't it? It ain't.
Not according to what I linked, the high side needs to be 1500kpa before it switchers on. If your saying its 110psi that's a little over 758kpa according to the chart that's a little high it says 68-101psi if your using a tyre gauge. You say at 38 its reading 2206kpa, according to that the fan should switch on but only if the compressor kicks in, it says if its too high or to low at ambient temperature indicates a faulty tx valve.

If the fan and A/C relays and fuses and low and high pressure switches are working then it may be the clutch, to test remove the harness and jump it straight from the battery to see if it engages. Is the temperature sensor working ok.
A good A/C place will be your best bet to diagnose the issue..

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Thanks Trev. I have proper air con gauge & hose kit. I'll jump the clutch wire to the battery and see what happens.

If you mean temp sensor at the evaporator working ok? Don't know yet as the clutch won't engage. Stay tuned.

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Update: I swapped some replays, checked some continuities and finally checked the clutch coil for resistance - infinity! I checked another car the same model for resistance thru the coil - 4 ohm approx = good coil. Off to the wreckers, checked another compressor on the bench - 4 ohm approx. So $100 later and swapping the coil over = all good now. Thanks for your help folks. :D