Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Alloytec Powertrain Light

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Probably made them not present, they will still be there but not illuminate a warning light.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
1st post hey? Well maybe navigate around the site and get familiar with it. Plus also, before posting a new thread, make sure you use the search function. Its getting so boring and repetitive to read people who are new, posting threads which have been answered 101 times. If you don't believe me on the number of threads about this already, then click my link below. I answered another thread already with many many many posts on this topic.

So, note to yourself "search first" post second;

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/powertrain-warning-light.150345/post-1674878

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
1st post hey? Well maybe navigate around the site and get familiar with it. Plus also, before posting a new thread, make sure you use the search function. Its getting so boring and repetitive to read people who are new, posting threads which have been answered 101 times. If you don't believe me on the number of threads about this already, then click my link below. I answered another thread already with many many many posts on this topic.

So, note to yourself "search first" post second;

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/powertrain-warning-light.150345/post-1674878

In the tiime you took to write such a lengthy reply on how much he is in the wrong about posting instead of searching, you could of gone an got counselling about your issues... Leave the bloke alone, if noone posted and everyone searched then what fun would there be on Just Commodores...

Seth George

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Holden Commodore SV6
has happened to my vz commodore, 2005 sv6 with an alloytec 190, check powertrain light came up, all ive done is replace the air filter with a k&n one, but i dont think thats doing it, i cleaned the maf sensor and that didnt make a difference. disconnected the battery to clear the code, and it came back, any ideas?

Volt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Make sure you plugged the MaF sensor back in.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
has happened to my vz commodore, 2005 sv6 with an alloytec 190, check powertrain light came up, all ive done is replace the air filter with a k&n one, but i dont think thats doing it, i cleaned the maf sensor and that didnt make a difference. disconnected the battery to clear the code, and it came back, any ideas?
Get it scanned or buy one off eBay combined with an app. “DashCommand” is a good one.

If you don’t, then you could well rebuild the car with new parts to find the fault.