Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VE] VZ and VE Alloytec PCV Problem/Fix

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Will do, but I might grab a spare too.
Slightly different direction here, does the V6 engines only have 1 pcv hose?
Some pictures are detailing 2.
It has the PCV that goes from the drivers side rocker cover, splits to 2 hoses that connect to the upper manifold.

Then on the passenger side, there is a breather from the passenger rocker cover to the air intake just before the throttle body.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You end up with a low pressure and a high pressure side. That way it all circulates well.

I have some videos to add because the All Terrain Action guys have taken this topic on to test the effectiveness of the mod.

I have two more cars I can do this to to see. Two very different driving styles of each. So far all have the same result in that the intakes remain dry or fairly dry

Last edited:

Blackout

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
So essentially from doing this mod, either get used to cleaning the air intake manifold at 5,000/10,000kms &/or fit a catch can.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
So essentially from doing this mod, either get used to cleaning the air intake manifold at 5,000/10,000kms &/or fit a catch can.
No. Nothing of the sort. The PCV should remain fairly clean and the intake dry as has been out lined in this thread with long term photos.

Mine has been a couple of years now and both cars still have dry intakes.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
When doing this mod, the PCV hoses should be cleaned out. Degreaser and hose them. Blow some compressed air through and let dry in the sun.
When I did it, I also cleaned out the intake pipe and the intake plenum. Cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner too if I recall.

Blackout

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Yes my plans are going in for a massive clean of everything I can with my limited knowledge on the engine. Shouldn't be too hard as I would go nuts on the LS. I'll be chucking in new spark plugs soon.

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
I'm late to the party but here's the PCV valve from my VZ at 275k km. I could see thru both holes before cleaning. I've had the car for 8 years and 140k km. I bought it direct from the original owner. The donk idles very smooth and quiet both before and after PCV clean & mod. I drilled the 2 small holes to 1/16" & 5/64" and 7/64 for the other. The 2 brass fittings in the manifold where the vapours get drawn in were both nearly blocked but a 6mm drill bit cleaned the carbon out nicely by hand and the tubes were blown out. I had to make a small slide hammer (as mentioned earlier in this thread) to extract the valve - it was rock solid in there.

Attachments

• pcv1.jpg
    pcv1.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 99
  • pcv2.jpg
    pcv2.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 103

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Hey guys, I drilled the pcv out but how to you get rid of the swarf that is inside the valve and still connected to where it was drilled?

Freddy1333

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ wagon
Can't you use a drill bit from the opposite end to remove it and push out? Then flush and blow out.