Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais 05 wont start :(

PhillyBoy29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 05
Hey man need some help with this , dont know much about cars but few days ago my Calais just would'nt start or anything , no power was going through the car , lights werent working , central locking wasn't working not even the boot switch would work , my key buttons were working but all you could hear was a click in the motor and that was it , the red lock light shows and the odometer numbers show but thats it no start no nothing , put the keys in the ignition then everything turns dissapears sorta lost at the moment aye need some advice on what could be wrong with it ?

PhillyBoy29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 05
Its got a New battery in it heavy duty and all , just got told could be the Alternator aswell whats your thoughts ?

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
does the electrics work while the key is in the ACC position?

PhillyBoy29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 05
nah mate nothing at all I try to click my key button but nothing happens turn the key in the ignition also nothing happens , ive also had a flat battery before but i could still lock my car with the key buttons and open my boot , but this is mind boggling lol. wish i knew this **** lol

PhillyBoy29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 05
Ive checked for that but everything seems to be in place , gonna get it towed to my house and then take it in to the shops to get checked thanks for input

franklinfrog

Reaction score
Website
www.cheapbrisbanebikes.com
Members Ride
VY SS Wagon 5.7 Auto Wikid Postie Bike
New battery sounds like it's flat. Possibly not being charged because alternator is stuffed. You need to get it jump started and see how many Volts the alternator is putting out with a multi meter. Should be around 14V, if it dies as soon as you disconnect jumper cables then alternator is stuffed.

PhillyBoy29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais 05
thanks brother ! .. yeah im gonna check it out once i get it towed man , i had a hunch it could be the alternator , but yeah thanks man