Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BoB_The_Ninja

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Crewman S 6Spd Man
Hey guys, I'm new here.

What happened:
I've been swearing my head off at my car for a couple months now. Originally the car had blown the ODD injector fuse (replaced fuse, and rebuilt injectors, replaced the injector harness).

In my excitement of "woo-hoo I can drive the car again" I have reversed the polarity getting jump started.

The problem:
My 10/2005 VZ s Crewman 6 speed manual, idles rough as guts and won't drive (I can Drive it but at a crawl...20km in a 100 zone kind of crawl..with my foot flat)

I turn the key, it'll start and run like a dream, however the throttle body clicks like crazy (the TB is NOT the problem as I have gone through 3 of them testing and cleaning etc so not all 3 would be duds) once the car gets warm (so it idles at just over 1000rpm until it's warm and then drops to about 650-700) it becomes the devil, it runs rough as hell and surges up and down. And when I push on the throttle even slightly the TB clicks away and the car runs even rougher, puts it's self into low performance and safety mode. Only sometimes when I push very easily and softly on the throttle can I rev it higher than 2k without it running rough(runs quite nicely actually) and then it will drop itself down to almost a stall.

I drove it to the wreckers to replace 02sensors and it was clunking in the rear end, with the dash starting to beep and show a brake error "((!))" but only gets half way through one beep and stops meanwhile my car.

O2 sensors unfortunately didn't fix the problem. I have had a lot tested an replaced since the beginning
Fuses and relays
Injectors
Throttle body
Battery
Fusible link and main alternator cable
Alternator
Plugs and coils
Upper intake gaskets
Fuel pump
Have had the ecu and bcm and pcm all tested and told they are fine
No tech2 or obd2 device is picking up any codes

What is going on? Any help is appreciated!

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Considering there are no fault codes coming up, and the ECU, BCM & PCM were tested and given the OK.....
I'm leaning towards it being the Electronic Accelerator Pedal Assembly....But I cannot 100% guarantee that it's causing the problem
Check the security of the wiring harness connection (pins in the plug) and make sure it is properly connected when reattached to the accelerator pedal assembly.
I would try and get hold of a known working 2nd hand unit to see if it fixes the issue
It wouldn't be the first time that the pedal assembly has been faulty and not thrown a fault code.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Accelerator pedal, would be my guess as well.

BoB_The_Ninja

Reaction score
Members Ride
Before I even got the chance to try the accelerator box, I have now lost all power to the car except the ecu and throttle body and pedal box. EVERYTHING else has no power (no lights, no dash, no stereo, no interior lights, absolutely nothing other than ecu tb and pedal box).

All I did was unbolt engine bay fuse box and move it to the side a little to retrieve a small socket that dropped underneath it. Bolted back together and watched as the dash slowly disappeared, have brand new fully charged and tested battery.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
In my excitement of "woo-hoo I can drive the car again" I have reversed the polarity getting jump started.

I really, really, really do not like the sound of that last bit...:(

BoB_The_Ninja

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't like it either haha

Have fixed the power problem. Now back to original problem in this thread.
Anymore suggestions?