Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Current Prices and Future Depreciation.

bradwilks80

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am considering updating my S Pack Man. VT Commodore...
I am open to any VZ model but it has to be manual and a 6cylinder.

I have a few questions that I hope you guys may be able to answer:

1. What prices are 2004 SV6 Manuals selling for at (Auction/Private/Dealers)?

2. If I purchased a Ute (eg Storm) which would be more expensive than a sedan at present, will I lose less money over the next few years by paying more up front?

3. What would I be able to sell my current car (VT S Pack, 5Speed Man, 160000kms, 2 new falken tyres, car in good condition) for?

Look forward to your help,

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
sv6s are selling between $19000 for a high k one to about 23000 for a fairly good condition low k 04 model. these are for autos add about 2 grand for a manual due to been rare and dealers want them.

this is based on pickles and fowles auction(sydney) that ive been goin to for the last couple of weeks.

i sold my 04 vz sv6 auto in november for $25000 privatley

you will pay more for a ute but be worth more is the future, best example is comparing the vx-vu s pac sedan and ute, vu s pacs are still around 20 grand for some nice examples and vx sedan are worth peanuts in comparison.

dunno what your vt is worth but its a manual so it should be easy to sell

hope that helps

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
your vt s pac prob 9-10k i reckon.

Willz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turismo Sv6 with leather
All depends where about in australia you are....

utes tend to hold their value much better than their sedan brothers

just have a look in ur local paper on the weekend and compare prices for VX SS sedans v VU SS utes... and remember sedans were more expensive to purchase in the begining

also a small heads up i wouldnt really expect much for your vt at a dealership you would get far more selling it privatly than trading it in

i got offered between 8k - 11k for my vx s pac about 4 months ago and it was absolutley immaculate with 145k km on it, and on the flip side my gf purchased a vt calais with 150k km on it privatley in preety good condition for its age for 8,250

so its something to think about but make sure u shop around at multiple dealerships if u buy it that way

i saved 3k by purchasing my sv6 from bunbury holden (bout 2 hours south of perth) because they had a huge excess of ex fleet cars down there and they wanted to move them. same km's as the cars in perth but instead of cloth interior they could only do me 1 with leather still for 3k cheaper than the identical cloth interiored sv6 in perth :thumbsup: