Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Prices, are they too high?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Thing is that finding a low mileage example would be quite difficult now. Most of the VZs are getting on for 20 years old now so average mileage on the last of the VZs would be around 250,000kms.
Yep, mine VZ is at 229 currently, although its still my daily.

No way I'd be paying 36k for a VZ SS, before I bought my Maloo I was specifically looking for a VZ 6L and even then (2017) people were wanting the same money for 6L's as I got my Maloo for.

For 36k you should be able to find a quite decent VY/VZ Clubby or Maloo. Seen a few VY R8's clubbies going for sub 30 lately.

Tugin8tor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 CV8-R Series 3
Yep, mine VZ is at 229 currently, although its still my daily.

No way I'd be paying 36k for a VZ SS, before I bought my Maloo I was specifically looking for a VZ 6L and even then (2017) people were wanting the same money for 6L's as I got my Maloo for.

For 36k you should be able to find a quite decent VY/VZ Clubby or Maloo. Seen a few VY R8's clubbies going for sub 30 lately.
This is very very true! I'll just do what some other bloke said in the comments on this thread, and just wait for the right car for the right price. I would like that SS but ye for 36k, Its honestly waaayy too much haha

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
You can buy a reasonably low K V8 Adventra for 12ish K? The most underrated Holden built, good performance, a very useful station wagon and all weather/road capability.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Hey everyone, I’m curious as to what people think about the current prices for the VZ range mostly, I’ve been looking to buy a VZ SS MY06 for about 2 years now and they seem a bit high to me, frankly all the Holden prices seem too high but anyway, does anyone think that prices will go down anytime soon or what?

I was looking to buy one with 160xxxk on the clock, converted to manual, aftermarket sunroof, custom interior, 20” wheels, rebuilt L76 done 20,000kms ago with a lumpy cam, 450hp at wheels. Just a standard T56 box unknown kms. Has been wrapped with supposed fresh respray under wrap. They want 36k, does seem like too much and would it be worth it? Given with all that work it’s probably had 20-25k worth done.

Cheers guys
Yep, Commodore prices are waaay too high... A VZ SS really should be a sub $10k car in my opinion, though one with mods like the one you've listed would probably go for $15-20k in my opinion...

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
You can buy a reasonably low K V8 Adventra for 12ish K? The most underrated Holden built, good performance, a very useful station wagon and all weather/road capability.
O.P doesn't like VE's but I reckon a WM Caprice or VE Calais provides better value for $12k...

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Yep, Commodore prices are waaay too high... A VZ SS really should be a sub $10k car in my opinion, though one with mods like the one you've listed would probably go for $15-20k in my opinion...
You seem to have a short memory. Ok not a Commodore but how much did you want for your Camira?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Well I wanted to swap my Camira with another car... Will consider a mansion in Toorak though...
Would that be worth more than a commodore?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
The VX SS series 2 is the best model Dunnydoore ever made

Well, apart from the 4l60e

For me, the newer models have far to many electronic gizmos that don't fair that well with age and can be problematic/expensive when sourcing said electronic gizmos

I may be biased though as a VX SS series 2 owner :p