Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Prices, are they too high?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The VX SS series 2 is the best model Dunnydoore ever made

Well, apart from the 4l60e

For me, the newer models have far to many electronic gizmos that don't fair that well with age and can be problematic/expensive when sourcing said electronic gizmos

I may be biased though as a VX SS series 2 owner :p

Nope...Anything pre VK is better...The only electronic gizmos is the dizzy....Nice cheap fix if it fails :p

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nope...Anything pre VK is better...The only electronic gizmos is the dizzy....Nice cheap fix if it fails :p
Still too many things to go wrong. Just by a HG. Only have points to worry about then.

Tugin8tor

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 CV8-R Series 3
Good read lads whaaaat about a VZ SS MY06 with 67xxx kms for 28k? Pretty much stock just a cat back on her.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Still too many things to go wrong. Just by a HG. Only have points to worry about then.
I did own a hg for about 10 years. I wish I still had it. 308 manual, cammed, extractors, exhaust, konis. Handled pretty good for an old ute.

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
I liked the HQ ....pull the v8 engine and trans out the front without too much drama .... liked the powersteer on the HG v8 and the way it handled reminded me of a mk3/4 Cortina...But the problem I remember with many Holden v8 powersteers is the car tended to start floating when you got up around 70mph....manual steering boxes didnt seem to get this problem... Powerglides were awesome....Had a Sunbird with a hi comp 350 2 stage in it ...the body would warp on take off and then boost into 2nd... ..it was a death trap....hard to keep in a straight line.... ok if you drove like a nanny tho... the good ole days before demerits....lol

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
If you want a cheap way into a V8 then look at Statesmans and Caprices
I looked for a 2013 MY 14 WN Caprice V for my friend because he like our one and we found one that was in good nick and very few dint's. The Interior was good even the ancantera on the middle (WHITE) of the seat was excellent, the car itself was no bad but it had 780,500 k on the Clock. Most talk about cars with the speedo wound back but this one was wound up until I say the LOG book (Impressive log book, very, surprised Grey left it there, most of the time the log book is kept inside and you can view it but dont get it until you win the bid for the car. This log book was a mile long ) the car was from a hire company. All I can say if the car farted it was sent to the Doctor and fixed immediately. It had the second engine in it (L77) Serviced every 10,000K only with Mobile one. Told my friend the car is solid but someone got it while we we arguing.
This is not the Only WN Caprice V that had high mileage, the record for me was 980,000 odd k on the clock another at Greys Auctions in Brisbane Airport. If I cover the Mileage you will say Arguuuu 200, 250 thous k on the Clock, The Car starts Runs OK the Air is working the everything is working forward and reverse gears are working, seats a little worn, the engine is ok no rattles the oil looks clean and I would say WRONG,,,, TRY 980,000K

Last edited: