Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fuel Gauge Problem

R

rickt

Fuel Guage

My 2005 SV8 has a gas guage issue and the local delaer says that its a software problem. This is my fifth new Holden the all v6's with the last two being surpercharged S's, none of these had any problems with the fuel guage.

steane

Reaction score
Website
www.carupdate.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Maloo 6spd
I was in at Summit Holden in West Melbourne today. I asked the service guy if they had a fix yet for the VZ fuel gauge issue. He said that Holden were working their tails off to sort it out and were almost there. The dealership is expecting a fix to be available in mid November (This year I assumed) and he told me to call in around that time for an update.

W

wack

Had mine reprogrammed last friday at the 3000k sevice,which was 1400ks over.
Its acting like a fuel guage now..(at the moment :D )

not a fuel indicator like it was....yeah I think there is some fuel in here somewhere..

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
i find its interesting that some cars have the problem and others don't, i know personally i don't think there is a drama with mine, if / when holden ever brings out this update i'll be interested to see if / how my guages readings change.

M

Muzzak

wack said:
Had mine reprogrammed last friday at the 3000k sevice,which was 1400ks over.
Its acting like a fuel guage now..(at the moment :D )

not a fuel indicator like it was....yeah I think there is some fuel in here somewhere..

Here we are a week later. Whats the scoop ?

Muz

W

wack

Muz.....The needle seems to be on the money...
Have a slight issue with the computer when it get around 340ks to go.bobs back up to 370ks to go then settles back down.

But hey,I,m from the old school were you only had a fuel needle,and like I said it seems to be on the money.Except it tends to fall a bit rapidly when you want to have a little fun :)
I do 247ks a day to and from work so i get to play and have some fun from time to time.

Overall quite happy with whatever they did and I can live with what I,ve got.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
holy crap... i think it is fixed... i mean, im not 100% on this but check these numbers out

before
trip meter: 400
DTE: 50
L/100: 11.5
fuel in tank to full: 50L

today
trip meter: 520
DTE: 25
L/100: 11.5
fuel in tank to full: 65L

could it be fixed?? i shall see how it goes over the next few weeks

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
Fuel Gauge

Hey Troy, please us all informed as this problem has driven us all crazy. Lets hope that Holden have finally got their act together.