Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz head lining sagging

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I was quoted 600-700 for mine by a number of places. I have a sunroof so it’s a different story.

Did it myself the first time but used the wrong material and the sunroof ended up leaking.

About to have another crack with the proper glue and material. Material was $65 for 3m and purchased permeatex headliner adhesive for $25 from autobarn. Don’t bother with any other brands of adhesive from auto parts stores for the job - they just don’t handle the heat.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
The wagon ceiling is fiberglass.
I suggested to my brother, rip fabric off, clean fibreglass up, bog and paint it.
Waiting to see what he does.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Can anyone give advice on getting the head liner out of the car?

When I did mine in my VS, I removed it through the front passenger door. With front seats laid back gives a bit more wriggle room.

Put it back in the same way.

Does require a bit of bending twisting but nothng the casued any damage to the board.

It was an interseting project to tackle at the time but I wouldn't other with doing it again. I'd just pay a pro.

I covered it in my ride thread here - https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vs-5-0.125899/page-17

That was the first attempt. Had to have another go at it which you will see if you keep scrolling through that thread.

EDIT - Second crack at it on this page - https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vs-5-0.125899/page-23

Last edited:

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Blast it with bling: get replacement headlining with thousands of tiny LED "stars" embedded in it!
Somebody got that done in their VE Commodore here in Geelong, but then they are Bowie devotees...

fxxxrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman FX holden EH holden
I had my Statesman one done about 12 mths ago guy came to house 130 bucks... off gumtree i think i found him.

he took it out through the back drivers door i think, i didnt really take that much notice

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
My headliner was sagging like my Mrs vagin and got it fixed for $150 it's on a wagon

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Of course, if funds are tight, there is always this solution.

DSCN2675.jpg

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
mine saged just ripped it out lol