Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz idles rough and misses when aircon turned on

vzchick77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ holden SV8 VT SS VN Calais all current rides
wow glad touch wood not a problem YETTTTTT

mattyr82

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 colorado diesel 4wd automatic. 2010 mazda 3
matty my vz is doing the same thing again, and its not on gas, started turning the ac off at lights its that annoying.
When it started it the mechanics couldnt figure it out and switched a coil lead i think or coil, and didnt do it for about 10thou kms.
Due for another service and i think new coils are on the cards, everything else has been checked.
Let uno how it goes, u made any progress??

hey mate, after changing the plugs and o2 sensors and every other serviceable component.....changed all 6 coils myself off of ebay, and voila problem solved!!
did notice that 1 coil was newer and had previously been changed, dont see the point in this, might as well change em all and be done with it! im going to book it in at a lpg place, he's gonna hook it up to the lappy and check all fuel trims and replace the gas vapour filter soon. let us know how u go also.

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
Got a service today, ie plugs, oil, coolant flush. and yeah the problems gone(for now) which is wierd as the plugs wernt that bad and for a problem like that to come back you would suspect coils.
Once the miss returns, coils are definatly next item to replace.

ojay90

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vz
Its your Idle air control valve when u pull up at lights press ac button to turn off and no rough idle

robgm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim 2005
My Commodore 2005 Acclaim was misfiring at idle with AC on, and with AC off but less noticeable, because of the coils. I replaced all the coils and the car is running so smooth (aftermarket coils 6 for $180). Fuel economy improved by more than 1L/100km as well. Original Bosch coils were in the car for 178k/15 years.