Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz overheating

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
Go-Kart, speed limit here is 130. Once you get out of town, traffic is thin. Twice I have broken down - on the Stuart Highway, the main Darwin to Adelaide Highway - and it's been an hour before the next vehicle passed. At night, there's even less traffic than that. Road trains are legally 57 metres long, so, once you've checked the road behind and ahead, you put the pedal to the metal and keep it there until you're clear. It's not difficult to wind it up in those circumstances.

After the VZ was repaired, as described above, the mechanic told me that he road tested my car at 170 for 30 km, and the temp guage wouldn't budge. I don't drive it that way, but it's nice to know ...

Only a few years ago, we had no speed limits outside towns. We all used to think 160~180 was the way to go: "the good old days". Labor changed that, of course. I've slowed down because of the cost; and because the roads are unfenced, so the cattle, roos, and goats are a worry, or maybe I'm getting old. And want to get older. And the reality is that between Darwin and the S.A. border - 1700 km - there are nine police stations.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Oh joy, oh joy. Let's follow the leader!
Wonder how a VZ runs at 170km/h...? I've never gone above 115, 120km/h at most and I am under the impression at those times it could easily trot to a much higher speed if not watched!! It's all very smooth and effortless.

clicka

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
hey mate had same problem was goin to 100% but then mine was slowly jumpin up and down. turns out it was thermostat intermittently sticking. if it was a blockage leak or broken water pump it would do it consistently not just on the odd occasion.

thanks for the advice but i had a new cap put on in november . good news is i towed a caravan 400kms the other day and it didnt get hot at all and it was a 35 degree day
thanks again