Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ problem! New Battery, Turns over but no Fire!

camkidd27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
So the car would sometimes go into saftey mode while driving (only when accelerating to about 80km or higher).
Then about a week later after taking it in for a service, I lost all power while trying to accelerate.

I was travelling 80km and it would go no higher, foot off pedal and it dropped to about 60km, wouldnt go any higher then 60km, foot off pedal and it fell to around 35km, wouldnt go higher then 35km, it kept doing this untill eventually it stopped completely, the car would turn on but as soon as i would accelerate, the car would start to rev but then the engine would give out and it would sit there idling, no longer able to rev with pedal.

I got it towed, put a new battery in because i had one laying around, and now it wont even start, i turn the key and it sounds like it wants to go but nothing.

I had someone have a quick look at it and they said from messing around with the codes (i have no idea about this stuff) that he thinks it may be codes 75 and 76? i have no clue

I think i may just sell it as is but im not sure if its going to be an easy fix or expensive, so i have no idea how to price it. Anyone know what it could be? I dont have access to the car at the moment but i can go have a look if i get some ideas through.

Cheers!