Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Rough Idle - fixed

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If you want it bigger most people just pull it out and drill it a bit bigger themselves.
I think with coils and most other parts they slowly degrade over the years. And they don't throw codes until they get real bad. Also I don't trust the average mechanic to really give a crap about your car as he just wants to get it out the door in half an hour and get the money. Better off checking everything yourself. You can pull the intake pipe off in 2 minutes and see the throttle body for yourself..

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
What about fuel pressure? Or injectors? Could it be your ECU? I think a once off to Holden to give it a good once over.

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
Yeah I think I might just have to bring it to holden an see,
I've done all the other jobs but haven't checked the fuel pressure or changed fuel injectors, all I done there was change the fuel filter,added the injector cleaner with the top fuel,about 1200kls ago,
The revs also go up an down when I'm going from 60 to 80,
Unless I push right down then it goes,
Plus I'm constantly on the pedal, even try to keep 40 or 50,it's aloads balls lol
Someone said also about getting the foot pedal re calibrated,but then other people have no idea what I'm talking about,
Il have to go to holden next wk or2,
Il post whatever is wrong,
Cheers

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
If you want it bigger most people just pull it out and drill it a bit bigger themselves.
I think with coils and most other parts they slowly degrade over the years. And they don't throw codes until they get real bad. Also I don't trust the average mechanic to really give a crap about your car as he just wants to get it out the door in half an hour and get the money. Better off checking everything yourself. You can pull the intake pipe off in 2 minutes and see the throttle body for yourself..

Yeah I've seen some stuff about re drilling the pcv valve,
Just atm I'm in a share house and no real garage or car port,no drills just some hand tools, just super awkward,

Yeah I've taken the intake off,it's all clean now,the tb looks clean,
There was some oil in the intake before it was in ultratune,
It did feel like they were rushing me,that's bs,they did say if there is oil in the intake next week then come back,an they will fit catch cans,
But they also think that my car is running fine, it's not lol,
I dunno,see what happens,if I can't find a good mechanic il have to bring to holden

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It's normal for a little bit of oil to get into the intake, especially if you blast around at high revs a lot. Have you tried unplugging one coil at a time while it's idling and listening for a change in the idle? That's about the best way to test these coils without expensive gear

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
It's normal for a little bit of oil to get into the intake, especially if you blast around at high revs a lot. Have you tried unplugging one coil at a time while it's idling and listening for a change in the idle? That's about the best way to test these coils without expensive gear

No I haven't,how does that work exactly?
Like what do I look for after I pull a coil out

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
Does anyone know if the grommet hole size for the pcv valve is 19mm?
I've a guy on Gumtree selling one for 25$
Delco one,I would post pics but it won't let me for some reason,
If anyone wants to test just ask for me number,

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
Sounds like your pedal is the issue if its jumping up and down.

How could I get the pedal fixed I wonder?
I rang holden an asked if I can book in to get my pedal re calibrated, the girl had no idea what I was on about,she went to ask her manager and he also had no idea

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
How could I get the pedal fixed I wonder?
I rang holden an asked if I can book in to get my pedal re calibrated, the girl had no idea what I was on about,she went to ask her manager and he also had no idea
Just go to wreakers and get a secondhand one, they give you 30 day warranty.