Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz SS knock sensor fault

Krismeury

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS crewman
Gday guys and girls!

06 Vz SS crewman LS3 swapped manual,

I’ve been getting some re-occurring p325 error codes (knock sensor circuit malfunction bank 1). This didn’t happen when I first bought the car, but after I guess 4 months or so (where it very rarely got driven),

I replaced both knock sensors with fuel miser ones, and still get the error codes...

You’ll clear it and itl be good for 2-3 days then itl come up again....

Wiring looks okay but maybe I should trace it back a bit further or do a continuity test?

any ideas?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
If it's got ls3 i'd be expecting it to have other mods done & tune put in to account for mechanical noise so it doesn't mistake lifter noise,exhaust etc for pinging.

Asked whoever did conversion or tuned it?

Krismeury

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS crewman
Ahh there lies the problem, I don’t have much history with the car... all I know is it has a cammed and tuned LS3 and I never had the knock sensor fault until recently which makes me think maybe the wiring has been damaged or perhaps the fuel miser sensors are no good (maybe I need genuines?) or perhaps the ECU is having internal issues? Does any of that sound about right?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Could be faulty sensor or wiring but usually sensitivity is turned down or even off so car doesn't go into limp mode/fault codes due to mechanical noise/knock.

All depends on tuner & who did the work....seen a cammed vt r8 same issue,the mate changed knock sensors checked wiring etc untill told him check with whoever tuned it...still did it untill tuner cleared all codes.

Turned out to be lifter noise when owner revved the snot out of it at the track...dude forgot to mention that bit untill second time at track lol