Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Sterio Upgrade (UTE)

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Hey Guys

Just a question to the Ute owners. Have any of you put subs-amp into there utes and if so can you guys post up some pics and some info..

Cause I got me a 12inch Sony Xplod and amp that id love to put in the ute but the box is way to big..

thanx for the help guys :thumbsup:

cikas

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Yeah i went to a Audio shop ( Remain Nameless ) and have quoted me 300 for a box that will go under the tray or something.. and then 100 to fit my gear .. Just though it seemed a bit $$$

squire_j

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Turismo Blue 2005 VZ Storm Panelvan
Yeah mate, i've got a 12" sub in a sealed enclosure next to the fuel tank under the tray. its ported to the cabin and works really well. the amp is under the passenger seat.
I've got it running on the low-level RCA outs that Phreddy does. (speaking of Phreddy, i haven't seen him on here lately)

Also, if you want to put in a couple of extra rear speakers and you want fader control on the stocko head unit. Take it into a holden dealer and find someone who wants a 6-pack of bundy or jimmies and all they've gotta do is plug in the computer doobey and its code 007 to activate the rear channels.

You can get the sealed enclosures from Autobarn.

I dont have any pics. everything is hidden.... some people get quite a shock sitting in the passenger seat when the sub punches them in the kidneys :D

A

Andre's SS

Yeah mate, i've got a 12" sub in a sealed enclosure next to the fuel tank under the tray. its ported to the cabin and works really well. the amp is under the passenger seat.

YA correct i got that in my VZ ute no problem.

Need a custom made box out of "custom wood" not damn "fiber glass"

Geez unless ya want rattle and vibration.

Fits nicely next to ya fuel tank and ported thru to ya cabin.

Goes hard. Paid $150 for the box and install- my mate work at the audio

shop so was a little lucky there :D

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
cikas said:
Yeah i went to a Audio shop ( Remain Nameless ) and have quoted me 300 for a box that will go under the tray or something.. and then 100 to fit my gear .. Just though it seemed a bit $$$
if you are handy with some light carpentry work you would be able to make a box for much less.

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Cheers guys

Yeah I found a place that will build and fit for $300 .. All i need to by is a HI-Low converter $100... And he will knock off $$ on a radar detector that I want too :yeah:

A

Andre's SS

cikas said:
Cheers guys

Yeah I found a place that will build and fit for $300 .. All i need to by is a HI-Low converter $100... And he will knock off $$ on a radar detector that I want too :yeah:

Good stuff .Betta price too mate,

If that detector sux contact me i import em from USA..sshhhh

ANd they work my friend never been caught since i got my US detector.

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
What ones can you get in ?

Cant realy remember what model but it was a bel radar detector and he said he can do it for $550

Barcode

lllllllllllllllll
Reaction score
not wanting to get people in trouble but i thought radar dectors could be picked up by police. Is there units which are undetectable or is just a case of if you get caught then so be it