Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 or VZ Calais ? (Opinion Poll)

Which ride would you prefer ?

• 2005 Holden Commodore VZ SV6

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • 2005 Holden Calais VZ

Votes: 54 75.0%

• Total voters

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Why not step back to a VY Charged 6 Calais.

Makes a lot of sense, you can mod the L67 Super6 up to some serious HP if that is your aim eventually and even with basic mods the L67 will out perform the 3.6 alloytec.

Auzziephoenix

Typical P Plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jungle Fever R8
Im considering the same choice lol.. The calais came in dark neautral colours rahter than vibrant ones.. so i want a calais for its goodies but an sv6 for either red or Turismo blue.

But what exactly is the list of goodies in the calais that the sv6 hasnt got? other than the funky cupholders.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Get the car you want. Who cares what other people think. Piss weak reason for a poll, as Mr T says..."Get some NUTS !!!!"

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Get whatever car NAAF would want.:rofl2:

Seriously tho, Calais FTW, the only con i can find is the SV6 has better rear lights, but other than that, calais wins every time.

Drakul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V Calais
Get the car you want. Who cares what other people think. Piss weak reason for a poll, as Mr T says..."Get some NUTS !!!!"

Yeah obviously it's going to be my decision as i'm the one that's going to be paying for it and driving it I just wanted to get a few opinions, and I've seen worse polls out there :)

Something like this? :)

2005 HOLDEN CALAIS VZ Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au

And with the sound system, hell i'd put one in mine, classy looking calais with the bonus of an awesome sound system.

Yeah something like that only I live in VIC so it'd have to be here, and the km's are a little high i'm on the scope for something under 80.....Ill keep on the look out until I find the right one :-D

2005 HOLDEN CALAIS VZ Private Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au

Check out the km's on that! 12 months reg, sunroof, damn.......If only it was black...even though that colour is nice.

Drakul

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V Calais

Yeah, Ultimately it'd be my decision as I'm the one going to be driving it...just curious as to everyone elses opinion on the decision i'm making :)

Think i'm pretty much settled on the calais anyway, Now just to find a decent black one with low km's in victoria :D

Something like this? :)

2005 HOLDEN CALAIS VZ Private Cars For Sale in NSW - carsales.com.au

And with the sound system, hell i'd put one in mine, classy looking calais with the bonus of an awesome sound system.

Nice but not in vic :)

And true, I guess a sound system goes well with any car, good car, good music. can't go wrong.

Fishman88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 190KW A5 CHE TUNED
VZ Calais all da way. So much classier inside and out n has those little chrome touches to finish off. I own 1 myself n love it!! The only reason i would go SV6 is coz they are cheaper and i guess the money saved can go to some mods. But believe me look inside the SV6 and the Calais n see the difference. They VY calais dont have the same interior as the VZ soo look n choose carefully. Get a V8 if you can u will want more if get a V6 like mee...