Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 rims on VR commodore

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Revenue raising.

Revenue is more prevelant these days compared to decades ago.....

The gov't did figure hitting the hip pocket is more effective than a finger wave....

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Revenue is more prevelant these days compared to decades ago.....

The gov't did figure hitting the hip pocket is more effective than a finger wave....
Yep, I was referring to your last paragraph about today's P-Platers

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Depends on your personal experience, but I know people who've owned old completely stock Commodores (they were VN's BTW), weren't P-Platers, and weren't driving like idiots, but were getting pulled over a bit more than usual... After they got rid of their VN's, they had no problems...

Bought my daughter a stock a a rock VP as her first P plate car....14" wheels with hubcaps...So stock....A set of factory Holden 16" wheels got put on and that was the extent of the modifications...

She lived in a high police presence area with the car.....Pulled over once for a random breathe test at night in the 5 years she had the car....That less than me in the 3 years I've had my stock as a rock VY and I'm well past being on P's....

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Bought my daughter a stock a a rock VP as her first P plate car....14" wheels with hubcaps...So stock....A set of factory Holden 16" wheels got put on and that was the extent of the modifications...

She lived in a high police presence area with the car.....Pulled over once for a random breathe test at night in the 5 years she had the car....That less than me in the 3 years I've had my stock as a rock VY and I'm well past being on P's....
Maybe because she is a female, and they tend to target males a little more?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Maybe because she is a female, and they tend to target males a little more?

Coppers don't discriminate the sex of a person they pull over....Your car has big rims, loud exhausts, dumped on the guts, they'll pull that over a stock looking car, no matter your gender....

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Coppers don't discriminate the sex of a person they pull over....Your car has big rims, loud exhausts, dumped on the guts, they'll pull that over a stock looking car, no matter your gender....
As I said before, this isn't always the case, however big rims and loud exhausts do attract more attention

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Coppers don't discriminate the sex of a person they pull over
I'll tell you in the early 80's, my wife had much greater success than me getting cars passed for rego inspections and defect notices! A mate of mine used to give his younger sister $50 to take borderline cars in for inspection wearing night club gear back in the day and that worked too!

@RevNev Has big rims. Whats your thoughts on this?
Mine don't stick out past the guards and the car's not excessively low with SSL's all round, on the conservative side of big wheels.

20221014_192053.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I'll tell you in the early 80's, my wife had much greater success than me getting cars passed for rego inspections and defect notices! A mate of mine used to give his younger sister $50 to take borderline cars in for inspection wearing night club gear back in the day and that worked too!

That goes without saying....Reckon having an attractive female taking a car in for inspection would work, when it would fail with us males these days too ;)