Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 rims on VR commodore

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I think they tend to pull over older commodores rather than new commodores. I had not been pulled over ever in my old VE SV6. Granted the exhaust was not over the top and the car’s exterior was stock
Yep, I should've included "older" in my reply...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think they tend to pull over older commodores rather than new commodores. I had not been pulled over ever in my old VE SV6. Granted the exhaust was not over the top and the car’s exterior was stock

Wouldn't say that.....I do a heap of kays with my VC and the coppers tend to take one glance and that's it...

Driving to work, I drive straight past a cop shop around start up time.....Only been pulled up twice in 10 years in my VC heading to work driving past that shop...Lost count of the number of coppers I've driven past though

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
More likely to be pulled over with a red and white plate than you are based on what you drive.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Nope, wouldn't say that.....

You are more likely to be pulled over by driving like a dick, or the car looks like it's ready for the local track, with the exhaust system, big wheels, dropped on its guts.....

A nice clean stock looking car, they look once and keep going, especially with red plates on the front and back......

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Wouldn't say that.....I do a heap of kays with my VC and the coppers tend to take one glance and that's it...

Driving to work, I drive straight past a cop shop around start up time.....Only been pulled up twice in 10 years in my VC heading to work driving past that shop...Lost count of the number of coppers I've driven past though
I think he was more referring to the 90's and early 2000's Commodores... You'd expect VC Commodores to be not owned by hoons and P-Platers now days...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think he was more referring to the 90's and early 2000's Commodores... You'd expect VC Commodores to be not owned by hoons and P-Platers now days...

Doesn't really matter the era car, including Commodores, if they look like a hoon mobile, or you drive like an idiot a copper will pull you up....

You have a nice clean stock looking car and drive sensibily, even with p plates, a copper will glance and keep going, no matter the era car...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Unfortunately for what ever reason, the young p platers buy these 90's 2000's era Commodores and yes being young modify them as we all did, and then proceed to drive a little crazy...This then brings them to the attention to the coppers and what happens happens.

Back years ago, with us elderly members now, we would modify our cars, maybe act like idiots and generally we would get the boot up the ass from the copper and told to pull our heads in...Or at the very least, the copper waving the finger at us to give us the hint, pull your head in pal before we pull it in for you

Now that sort of behavour is frowned upon by the coppers, so they see a modified car, which we saw as acceptible, deem it to be unacceptible and tend to come down hard on the driver. Very rarely do they give that nasty finger wave....They let the pen do the talking

So the best course of action to save drawing any unwanted attention is, keep the car tidy, stock looking, stock sounding and a copper won't look twice because this era Commodore is the "go to" modifying p plater style car

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Back years ago, with us elderly members now, we would modify our cars, maybe act like idiots and generally we would get the boot up the ass from the copper and told to pull our heads
How old are you not how it went down in Victoria in the early 90's that revenue collector fined me every time it pulled me over which was often .

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Back years ago, with us elderly members now, we would modify our cars, maybe act like idiots and generally we would get the boot up the ass from the copper and told to pull our heads in...Or at the very least, the copper waving the finger at us to give us the hint, pull your head in pal before we pull it in for you

Now that sort of behavour is frowned upon by the coppers, so they see a modified car, which we saw as acceptible, deem it to be unacceptible and tend to come down hard on the driver. Very rarely do they give that nasty finger wave....They let the pen do the talking
Revenue raising.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Doesn't really matter the era car, including Commodores, if they look like a hoon mobile, or you drive like an idiot a copper will pull you up....

You have a nice clean stock looking car and drive sensibily, even with p plates, a copper will glance and keep going, no matter the era car...
Depends on your personal experience, but I know people who've owned old completely stock Commodores (they were VN's BTW), weren't P-Platers, and weren't driving like idiots, but were getting pulled over a bit more than usual... After they got rid of their VN's, they had no problems...