Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ ute ecotec wont start?

stevo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
04VZ Ute
I have an V6 04 VZ Ute
At least twice a week when starting it up it will have
ABS warnings(but ABS works perfectly). there are no trouble codes for this on car.
Once a week it wont start at all, it will crank but wont start. You turn the key to accessory and see the instrument pannel lite up and the speedo needle goes ape **** and bounces up and down, but this goes away after about 1 to 7 tries and starts up normally.

It produces several DTC most of which are Voltage problems some high, some low. Should i get a new battry?

I love the Ute but its turning out to be more like my old Datsun each day, does anyone have any advice?:hmmm:

Last edited:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
If you got a vz mate you will have the 3.6L Alloytec, have u given it a good serivce, oil, plugs leads, air filter and fuel filter? you should also be able to take it too a battery joint and they can test ur battery for ya mate

Last edited:

stevo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
04VZ Ute
I ruined my first thread, thanks for the correction it is an Alloytec, most of the ute has been recently serviced except for the battery and injectors within the last 6 months. Originally when i bought the car at auction it had powertain errors which servicing everything seemed to fix. Still shakes at idle though, took to holden and they said its normal

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I ruined my first thread, thanks for the correction it is an Alloytec, most of the ute has been recently serviced except for the battery and injectors within the last 6 months. Originally when i bought the car at auction it had powertain errors which servicing everything seemed to fix. Still shakes at idle though, took to holden and they said its normal

All good mate, just send a mod a message and ask them if they can fix the name for ya, im not too familar with the Alloytec but if everythings been serviced id take it to a good mechanic and get them check it out

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
I have an V6 04 VZ Ute
At least twice a week when starting it up it will have
ABS warnings(but ABS works perfectly). there are no trouble codes for this on car.
Once a week it wont start at all, it will crank but wont start. You turn the key to accessory and see the instrument pannel lite up and the speedo needle goes ape **** and bounces up and down, but this goes away after about 1 to 7 tries and starts up normally.

It produces several DTC most of which are Voltage problems some high, some low. Should i get a new battry?

I love the Ute but its turning out to be more like my old Datsun each day, does anyone have any advice?:hmmm:

sounds like a battery problem to me, try disconnecting the battery for a little while, this resets the computer.